Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii will not mount SD card for writing

Posted by ShaunDreclin 
Wii will not mount SD card for writing
March 15, 2010 03:47PM
I have a very odd issue going on here. I can get into the homebrew channel fine, and it loads up all my apps in the list, but whenever any of the apps get to the step of mounting the SD card, it fails. The card I'm using was working perfectly up until I updated the wii shop channel, I'm hoping I didn't wreck it.

I do have a nand.bin backup from way back, but I don't want to lose all my save files if it's avoidable. (I also can't remember how to use the backup)

Thanks for your time

PS: Yes, I have made sure the lock switch is not on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 03:48PM by ShaunDreclin.
Re: Wii will not mount SD card for writing
March 15, 2010 05:26PM
Can your computer recognize your SD card? Does your wii recognize your SD card in Data Management?

BTW, wrong section, your wii isn't bricked.
March 16, 2010 12:06AM
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to ask this. (If a mod sees it, could you move it to the correct section?)

Anyway yes, the wii recognises the card in data management and my computer can use it fine.
I've tried this with two cards, and both are doing the same thing.
March 16, 2010 03:30AM
can you copy stuff to the SD card using the Wii's system menu?
March 16, 2010 07:47AM
Yep, I can use the card fine with all official wii stuff.
Right now I'm running all my apps off a usb stick (friend suggested that) but I would really like to be able to use an SD card again.
April 16, 2010 05:46PM
I was wondering if you let me know if you figured this issue out or not as I am having the same problem. Kid updated Shop channel and now the SD Card can not be mounted with any of the HomeBrew Apps or anything other then normal Wii SD Operations. I have CHKDSK and all is fine. I also tried other cards and reformatted the card (the slow way) to FAT32 and took the clean card and copied HBBrowser and required files to the card solo to try it out and again, nadda.

Tried to add the program MiiExtract (preparing to reset Wii) and it can not mount either.
April 18, 2010 01:56PM
There is no correlation between the two events.

Honestly, we can't solve your issue. If it worked before, it shouldn't stop working, but as it doesn't work now, there is little we can figure out.
April 18, 2010 05:36PM
too easy I just switched to the 2GB SD I was using before. I just had the other that was working, Everything seems fine in camera, pc, pda, but for some reason it stopped working in the Wii. Not too worried about it just thought I would ask as I have seen it started here and on other boards as well that I seem to not be the only one this happened to in the last few months. My idea was that something happened somewhere, but ohh well.
May 28, 2012 05:55PM
For anyone else who comes across this problem - check to see if your SD card is full. I ran into the same issue and that was my problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login