Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mod broken?

Posted by hooverxl 
Mod broken?
September 11, 2012 12:32AM
Uhm, I don't quite understand the warning about topics that warrant a ban, is it to not upload such things? Just coming here for support as I don't know where else to turn....

With that being said, I used BootMii to softmod my Wii, Followed the instructions perfectly. Got Priiloader, HBC, and some other things, though I haven't used the Wii in a while I don't know all the details, though I can get them for you if need be. What I used my newly hacked Wii for, I will not disclose. My problem is this...

Before modding the Wii, my friend tried Action Replay. That did not work at all, so he wanted to take it back and I told him not to, as the memory card that comes with it is very useful. It acts as a standard SDHC memory card, but you can take the back off to plug into a usb to access the files on it, if you did not have a memory card reader. And what contains all the memory, is a micro SD 2gb card. So with that being said, I wiped what was on the SD card, and used that to mod my Wii with (SD card bootable) And everything went swimmingly.

Well, I had to redo my Android phone as I placed a new rom on it, and I took the memory card from my Wii, and placed my Micro SD card into it and used it as an adapter to wipe my SD card, while setting the Wii one aside. I went back to my Wii after redoing my phone and placed the Wii micro sd back into the adapter and booted up my Wii. What follows is a black screen for about 1 minute, and goes straight to home menu. I try to access my HBC, and can get to it, but none of my apps are showing up. The regular modded menu where you use the Wii hard buttons to navigate no longer shows up.

What happened? Do I have to remod my Wii?
Re: Mod broken?
September 23, 2012 04:27AM
First pay for your games, then run the HackMii installer again. There's an option somewhere in there to prepare an SD card. That will install the files for the BootMii startup menu.
September 23, 2012 01:19PM
HyperHacker: There is absolutely no cause to accuse hooverxl of piracy. Don't do that again.

hooverxl: Sounds like a bit of a problem with your SD card. Try connecting it to the computer, backing up all the files, formatting it and then restoring the files.

If that still doesn't fix it, try running HackMii Installer again and going into the BootMii menu and choosing "Prepare SD card".

Also, please try booting your Wii without the SD card inserted; it should boot normally without a delay.
September 23, 2012 11:30PM
hooverxl
I used BootMii to softmod my Wii
I suppose he may not have meant "softmod" in the pirate sense, but that's how I interpreted it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login