Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

is it bricked?

Posted by Nolyfeking 
is it bricked?
March 28, 2013 12:42PM
Im not here for hand holding, just have 1 question yes or no.
I modded it, attempted to set it up for backing up games to a usb drive.
will only launch half of my games from CD all are RETAIL COPIES (cant play SSB Brawl but i can play pokepark) i dont burn games.
and the wii locks up for a hard reboot when trying to run apps from HBC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 12:43PM by Nolyfeking.
Re: is it bricked?
March 28, 2013 01:02PM
No, it is not bricked. Bricked means completely non-functional i.e. like a brick (of the sort used to build houses etc.).

And this belongs in the "FixMii" section, not the "Feedback & Support" section. F&S is for talking about WiiBrew (i.e. these forums and the wiki), not for talking about actual Wii stuff. I shall move the thread accordingly.

Also, please read the rules before posting further, we do not condone or support the use of any sort of backup loader, regardless of whether you own the games or not. Please refrain from posting about them in future.

Oh, and Wii games are on DVDs, not CDs ;)

(Hope I don't come off as unhelpful here, we are more than happy to help with any problems you have provided they don't relate to getting "backups" and the like working, but we would need more information; when did this start happening, what exactly happened before it started happening etc.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2013 01:03PM by SifJar.
March 28, 2013 02:02PM
having that said.
Im not looking to further mod it, I just want it back at a virgin state, But ive tried most everything to uninstall what ive done and it all locks up when i try to do anything or it fails. i did a system check and got a crash dump instead. i dont have my nand back up as this happend way back, and the computer the NAND back up was on has long since been reformated. is there anything possable to fix this?
March 28, 2013 03:43PM
Use dopmii to install a clean ios36, and a clean system ios (60, 70, 80?), make sure the system ios is the functional version, not the non functional stub. Probably your system ios and ios36 have some patches that your wii does not like much, so SSBB is not working.
March 29, 2013 04:18AM
Ive got it fixed now. I rebuilt the NAND from scratch with 4.1u and uninstalled bootmii. All is good now thank you for the input though, Great to know that there's still people here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login