Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(Semi bricked) Can't access settings, need to set up internet

Posted by DekuLink 
(Semi bricked) Can't access settings, need to set up internet
June 24, 2013 11:09AM
So I'm trying to fix my semi-bricked Wii. I'm trying to use DOP-Mii to install a fresh System Menu, but I have a problem. I moved and haven't been able to set up my new internet settings because I can't access the settings menu. Everytime I try to go to the system settings, it displays the "Wii System Files are corrupt. Refer to Operations Manual" message. So I'm not able to add a connection to connect to the internet, but I need the internet to use DOP-Mii.

Is there a homebrew application that I could use to change the internet settings? Or is there an alternative to using DOP-Mii where I can download the files I would need onto my SD card and do a fresh install of the system menu?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 11:09AM by DekuLink.
Re: (Semi bricked) Can't access settings, need to set up internet
June 24, 2013 01:46PM
You can use NUSD on your computer to download the required titles and place them on your SD card, and then DOP-Mii can install them from the SD card. Download the required titles, pack them to WAD (there's a checkbox for this in NUSD), then place them on the SD card in a folder named "WAD". DOP-Mii should then see them.
June 24, 2013 11:13PM
How do I know what to download? I installed homebrew a long time ago (3.x I'm sure). If I install the 4.3 System Menu, will it mess with my current homebrew installation? Will I have to install homebrew again?

I know that the only way to install homebrew on 4.3 systems is through the message board, which (because I can only use maintenance mode to get to the system menu) I won't be able to access unless installing 4.3 fixes my problems and I don't have to use maintenance mode. I want to be extra careful and not fuck myself over with this.

Also, is there a way that I can see what System Menu version I have installed? I thought syscheck would tell me, but it doesn't. Like I said, I can't access the system settings, so I can't see it there.

Thanks
June 25, 2013 07:42PM
DekuLink
How do I know what to download? I installed homebrew a long time ago (3.x I'm sure). If I install the 4.3 System Menu, will it mess with my current homebrew installation? Will I have to install homebrew again?

I know that the only way to install homebrew on 4.3 systems is through the message board, which (because I can only use maintenance mode to get to the system menu) I won't be able to access unless installing 4.3 fixes my problems and I don't have to use maintenance mode. I want to be extra careful and not fuck myself over with this.

Also, is there a way that I can see what System Menu version I have installed? I thought syscheck would tell me, but it doesn't. Like I said, I can't access the system settings, so I can't see it there.

Thanks

As long as you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel installed, installing the System Menu 4.3 will not remove it. You should make sure you have the latest one installed; if not, place the hackmii installer in SD:\apps\hackmiiinstaller and run it from the Homebrew Channel.
You need to download the latest, correct System Menu (4.3) and the latest version of IOS80. When you use DOIP-Mii, it will install both as soon as you select the "Install System Menu" option.
June 26, 2013 10:16PM
This semi brick is caused because you set your system menu region is changed and that region doesn't match with your current system menu.
Try any region changer to find your current system menu region and if does not, you can surch for internet for offline system menu files.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login