Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Remotes won't work after game update with Homebrew installed

Posted by Loquito 
Remotes won't work after game update with Homebrew installed
January 01, 2014 01:54AM
Hi!

None of my Wiimotes work after game-updating with Homebrew installed. I can't find information on this as related to Wii updates from games, including whether this is considered "bricked" or not, even after looking at this page: [forum.wiibrew.org]

This all happened when I went to play Wii Sports Resort. I had tried it before Homebrew to make sure the WiiMotes with MotionPlus built in were good, but this was the first time since Homebrew. (I just bought this used Wii for Christmas and updated it to 4.3U before installing Homebrew.) It asked about an update. I hesitated, but my daughter wanted to play so I did it. Her Wiimote started disconnecting after a few minutes and now I can't get any of the 4 Wiimotes (which were working before the update) will connect. They blink and then turn off. I wouldn't mind doing a full factory reset but I can't get to the menu system without the remotes, right?

I've tried powering off/on the Wii with no change. I've tried synching the remotes with the red buttons. No go. I've tried unplugging the Wii for a while as I read somewhere and that didn't work either.

I have since read about StartPatch to avoid this from happening again, but what can I do now? Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2014 04:40AM by Loquito.
Re: Remotes won't work after game update with Homebrew installed
January 02, 2014 05:13AM
Load the system menu (it will move past the health and safety screen on its own if you wait a while).
Hold the red sync button on the wii for 10 seconds.
Try to sync a wiimote by tapping the red button on the wii followed by the red button on the back of the wiimote.
Re: Remotes won't work after game update with Homebrew installed
January 02, 2014 06:58AM
Argh! I feel like an idiot for not thinking of syncing the Wiimotes. Although I bought my Wii used so I never had to do it with the red buttons before. That worked. Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login