Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked 2.0j Wii

Posted by PaperWeightz 
Bricked 2.0j Wii
April 22, 2009 08:47AM
Hey guys, sorry that this has to be my first post but here goes nothing...

A friend gave me his Wii that he purchased off of craigslist, he got it home and it was all in Japanese. The seller stated that it had a mod-chip in it, which I can confirm it does (just doesn't know which chip)

He asked me if I could get it changed to English. Sure, I said...

I ran the Twilight hack, with the anyregionchanger .dol file. I chose all the settings at the top to change it to USA, but didn't save(I think that's where I went wrong). Then I went to update the menu to 3.2. It started the network initialization, then all of a sudden all the wording was really scrambled and the Wii rebooted. The menu's are now in english, but now it won't boot any discs, and I can't get into the system menu.

I tried the savemiifrii with a gamecube controller with an auto-boot anyregion changer disc, and it ran any region changer, but then bugged out again. Now it won't load the auto-boot ARC disc at all.

I have now since ordered a Savemii, which should be here any day now (not sure if that was necessary, but I figured why not at least support the cause!).

So does anyone know what I need to do to fix my poor friends Wii with Savemii?

Thanks, and I hope someone can help me =)
Re: Bricked 2.0j Wii
April 23, 2009 05:55PM
Well, I got the Savemii in the mail today, and same results =/
Re: Bricked 2.0j Wii
April 23, 2009 11:43PM
if i were you i would do this (cant think of an other solution) and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM BEFORE EVEN STARTING, I REALLY DONT WANT YOU SCREWING UP YOUR WII EVEN MORE

1) burn a wad manager iso to a disc
2) put the following wads in the folder SD\:wad
3.2U.wad
IOS30.wad
3) insert your sd card, turn on your wii (without savemii first)
4) while your wii is still on, insert the wad manager iso disc then turn your wii off
5) insert savemii and turn your wii on
6) when you get to wad manager install ios30.wad THEN 3.2U.wad

NOTE: IF YOU INSTALL THE 3.2U WAD BEFORE THE IOS30 WAD YOU WILL BE SCREWED UNTIL BOOTMII COMES OUT AND YOU REALLY DONT WANT TO PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSITION

again INSTALL IOS30.WAD BEFORE INSTALLING THE 3.2U.WAD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2009 12:02AM by jassim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login