Posted by coontang 
anyone that can help?
May 23, 2009 06:35AM
Well i installed homebrew and was following guides to play "GAMES N SHIT"

then i was installing the firmware 4.0 and power to the wii was lost

then i couldnt access guide

i had installed preloader so it boots up to that

on preloader i selected Homebrew channel and it says it cannot start it

first error codes are "Error Autobooting Systemmenu!" "Could not open boot file!"

then when trying to access homebrew channel "Error autobooting HBC. maybe title not nstalled?"

(obviously systemmenu error comes up first as its set to autoboot systemmenu)

Firmware: previously 3.4, power died during update to 4.0

IOS: v50
Systemmenu: v386
Preloader: V 0.29

anyone know what to do?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 06:24PM by coontang.
Re: anyone that can help?
May 30, 2009 12:31AM
Thats what you get for trying to play backups.And sorry, they're not supported here! :)
June 02, 2009 08:23AM
@WaxyPumpkin72:

i really don't get it...somebody obviously bricked his wii and ONLY because he mentioned it happened because he wanted to get a backuploader to work he won't be helped unbricking his wii???

he didn't ask for any help regarding the backuploader he just wanted his wii unbricked...why is it such a problem to post a fine answer to a question as soon as the word "backuploader" appears in the post...

so heres my answer:

1. you shouldn't mention backuploaders or anything near piracy on this forum,or else you will less likely get a reasonable answer!

2. Try using Waninko's application that updates you to system menu version 4.0

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:20PM by Arikado.
June 02, 2009 02:19PM
Sephiroth:

I agree with what you told waxy. Indeed, the idea here is to fix people's Wii's, not chastise them for what they have done. Their broken Wii is chastisement enough.

However, I normally strongly disagree with your second suggestion for a number of reasons, the least of which being a normal update to 4.0 would be safer and more likely to work. In this case though, it appears as though that is the only thing that may save his Wii.

(PS: I edited your last suggestion for clarity)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 02:20PM by Arikado.
June 02, 2009 05:00PM
@ Arikado:

wow you support MY opinion xD

btw. I only mentioned waninkokos firmware updater because as far as I know it's the only way to run an update on cootangs wii? I would also recommend the normal nintendo update,since waninkokos apps are really questionable,but how the hell is it possible??

@ cootang:

wait till arikado explains how to update the system with a broken sysmenu through the normal update process and DON'T use waninkokos app...I really thought this was the only possibility to get an update of the sysmenu.
June 02, 2009 06:18PM
alright, how do i update it without system menu? :s

-cheers Arikado & Sephiroth

@waxy - thanks dude, reeeaaalll big help u.u
June 02, 2009 06:42PM
I'm sorry for being harsh, coontang. There are cases when people mention backups,wads,or roms get banned. the rules here are very strict, and i was only attempting to notify you of them. i'm sorry it came across the way it did. please accept my apologies. :D

Just look at the giant red letters on the main page. That proves that the discussion of these things is not allowed. Heck, i even use the backuploader, just in case my games get scratched.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 06:48PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 02, 2009 07:20PM
coontang
Sephiroth was being sarcastic (I dont know why). Use Waninkos app.
June 02, 2009 07:39PM
Arikado
coontang

actually it wasn't meant to be sarcastic...I really thought you knew a way to update normally without the sysmenu :D

so at least it turns out that I made the right suggestion after all ^^
June 02, 2009 07:53PM
Sephiroth
Arikado
coontang

actually it wasn't meant to be sarcastic...I really thought you knew a way to update normally without the sysmenu :D

so at least it turns out that I made the right suggestion after all ^^
No, like I said in my first post, it's (unfortunately) the only way... (BTW, glad there was no sarcasm)
June 03, 2009 05:54PM
@waxy - its cool bro, i just figured talking about fixing a bricked wii was slightly different from asking - "plax how mack beckup work? :]"

how do i run waninkos app through preloader though?

ive tried basically everything - any suggestions?
June 04, 2009 09:18PM
This is exactly the problem I am having at the moment. Im wondering if it would be a good idea to get wadmanager and rename it to boot.dol and put it in the root of my SD. Then run Wadmanager and isntall systemmenu-v289. Will this work?
June 13, 2009 02:36PM
tried wadmanager on sd card

failed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login