Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii cannot read disk after REGIONAL & LANGUAGE CHANGE

Posted by tapos 
Wii cannot read disk after REGIONAL & LANGUAGE CHANGE
June 01, 2009 08:56AM
Hi Everyone,

I recently changed the language & also change the game region (not sure) from Japanese to English & from then on i get a message " unable to read the disc".

Please help me how to unbrick this. I have the Homebrew channel installed in my wii.
Re: Wii cannot read disk after REGIONAL & LANGUAGE CHANGE
June 01, 2009 09:00AM
Tona, please can you help me with his, i had missed the line where you had told not to change the game region. How do i recovery from this problem?
June 01, 2009 07:06PM
open homebrewchannel,load anyregionchanger, change game region back to the original...wow you didn't figure that out by yourself? ^^
June 03, 2009 03:48AM
When i save the regional changer in the root of the sd card, homebrew doesn't detect anything i just have blue screen with bubbles moving around & homebrew at the bottom of the screen.
June 03, 2009 04:03AM
The firmware version that i have is 3.1, does this have to do anything with the wii not able to read the sd card content? i have also formatted my sd card in fat & fat32 format from windows format option & also tried formatting with Panasonic sd-card format application.
June 03, 2009 04:06AM
Should i rename the .dol file to boot.dol or should i leave the default file name as it is, also should i have the files in any sub folder for should i just copy the regional application on root folder.
June 03, 2009 04:10AM
how to i add applications on the homebrew channel? how do i save the files in the sd card? should it be on root or in some sub folder?
June 03, 2009 04:20AM
Generally, to run an application, you must go to the root of the SD card and make a folder called "apps". its case sensitive, so make sure its not "APPS" or "Apps". Go into the apps folder you just made, and copy the folder of whatever application you would like to appear on homebrew to the apps folder. Make sure there is a "boot.dol" file inside whatever app you are using. If its called "installer.dol" or something, just rename it to boot.dol. For some apps, there needs to also be another folder on the root for it to run, i'm not sure about anyregion changer, though. Hope this helps. :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2009 04:22AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login