Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked but have Bootmii

Posted by hackmodford 
Bricked but have Bootmii
June 04, 2009 06:23PM
I was using my wii yesterday. I went away and came back and turned it on. I only got a blank/black screen no sound or anything. Wiimote won't sync, power button and reset doesn't work, but eject does. It flashes the disc blue and then turns power light to green like normal.

I grabbed my bootmii sd card popped it in and restarted. Bootmii comes up just fine. From there I can go to the homebrew channel and that works fine except my wiimotes don't work now. If I try to go to the system menu. I get the black screen. Sadly I couldn't backup my NAND since it didn't work with any of my cards.

Got any suggestions?
Re: Bricked but have Bootmii
June 04, 2009 07:31PM
If your wiimote can't sync when you load the homebrew channel, then just use a gamecube controller to navigate. Also, what had you been doing before your wii started acting like this? Did you ever try to downgrade, or try to install some Waninkoko apps? :P
June 04, 2009 07:54PM
I can use the gamecube controller on the homebrew, channel I knew that ;)

The only big change I made to the wii was use the first hackmii installer to install "bootmi beta 1" homebrew channel 1.0.2 and dvdx. Other than that I've only used emulators and some games (I didn't use anything that messed with internal memory as far as I know)

I'm thinking I need to reinstall the system menu?

The last thing I did was play Rockstar Table Tennis (just a straight game bought from the store) I turned the wii off (maybe I pulled plug? can't remember) and went away. When I came back I get the black screen. I'm just thankful the bootmii is still running!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 07:56PM by hackmodford.
June 04, 2009 08:00PM
System menu version?
June 04, 2009 08:11PM
sorry, 4.0 (the one that gave the sdhc ability and copy channels to sd card, ya know)
June 04, 2009 08:15PM
Poo, so you can't use an update to help yourself. I guess reinstalling the system menu might help, but the wiimote not connecting sounds like a bluetooth problem. I don't know how to fix that.
June 04, 2009 08:38PM
so how do I reinstall the sysmenu through the homebrew channel?
June 04, 2009 08:45PM
There's probably a way, I just don't know how. I'm really not very experienced with this sort of stuff, but that would seem like a logical course of action. Could someone with more experience help, maybe?
June 04, 2009 08:48PM
Yes someone help please!
June 04, 2009 09:29PM
hackmodford
Yes someone help please!
You could try using an app like Anyregion Changer to see if that will install 3.2 for you.
June 04, 2009 10:15PM
I don't think it'll work now that I look at it. It only supports wiimotes right? Well my wiimotes won't work for some reason.
June 04, 2009 11:28PM
I'm starting to think the bluetooth has just gone bad. When I bought the wii it was reported that syncing the remotes didn't work (the guy would press the button and nothing would happen) when I got it it worked just fine... now that I get the black screen of death I'm thinking maybe the bluetooth has seriously gone capooey?

In any case I'm going to try the gamecube dpad trick when I get home. If I can get to the menu than all I need to do is buy a new bluetooth module. Is there anything I should know before buying one?
June 05, 2009 01:58PM
If you can turn it on with your Wii remote, it's not the BT module. If you can't, you've found your problem! I buy all my electronics on Dealextreme, here's a link to a BT module: Clicky
June 05, 2009 06:54PM
Okay I put the GCBooter on the SD card to test the dvd drive. I can boot gamecube games. Then I tried doing the gamecube dpad button, didn't do anything. (It's a third party controller that appears to press all buttons at once but who knows right?) I then tried turning the wii on with controller... no go. That means it's just the bluetooth module then right? This makes me feel alot better. I'm good at fixing things like these ;)
June 05, 2009 08:34PM
I just got wiiMU to run (using elf to dol converter) and now I'm scared. I can't load a Wii game (but I've only tried smash bros.) I go to the launch channel selection and nothing appears. Save manager, nothing appears. I then tried to backup NAND and I get a message that says unable to intialise FAT subsystem.

That means the wii filesystem is corrupted right? Because gamecube doesn't rely on wii stuff.

So
Bluetooth (may be bad)
DVD drive (works)
Wifi (going to test tonight but looks like it works)
Subsystem (is probably bad right?)

This is looking worse all the time...

Edit: I tried the FS browser and it loaded okay, but since wiimote doesn't work I can't go any farther. All I see is SU(SD screen is too tiny to tell) and System Menu.

It wouldn't load if it didn't work at all right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 08:38PM by hackmodford.
June 05, 2009 09:02PM
I just got waninkoko's savegame extractor to see if It could read the wii FS. It worked! I got my smashbros. save off my wii.

That confirms that the wii FS is not corrupted correct? I guess this means I need to test wifi now...
June 05, 2009 10:02PM
Question to figure out if your Bluetooth is toast.

Can you turn the Wii on with your Wiimote and then lose the signal? Cause if that is the case your bluetooth is probably fine, otherwise you might have a defective bluetooth receiver in your Wii.
June 05, 2009 10:10PM
I cannot turn on wii with wiimote. (I thought I already stated that? maybe i forgot)
June 05, 2009 10:11PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Poo, so you can't use an update to help yourself. I guess reinstalling the system menu might help, but the wiimote not connecting sounds like a bluetooth problem. I don't know how to fix that.

just like i said in the first place.
June 05, 2009 10:18PM
You are right metroid_maniac already pointed this out. Follow that link and get a replacement as long as you have a tri-wing screwdriver to open your case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login