Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Undeletable title causeing problems

Posted by idiosync 
Undeletable title causeing problems
June 14, 2009 05:37AM
I have a partially bricked Wii. Im trying to upgrade to system 4.0 but the update hangs. I think it has to do with the fact that the wiiware game Homestar Ruiner(/title/00010001/57425845)(WBXE) has become corrupted(Wii said so). Using the Wii's data management tools won't remove it. I have tried tona's AnyTitleDeleter and it hangs on trying to remove the contents. I have also tried the wiifuse server to delete the title but it has a permission denied when it try to remove the directory.

It has BootMii beta 2 installed on Boot2. HBC 1.0.3, DVDX and System Menu 3.2U. I do not have a drivechip installed. And I would like to keep it that way. Does anyone know how do delete an undeletable title?
Re: Undeletable title causeing problems
June 14, 2009 09:03AM
have you made a nand dump beforehand in Bootmii?
June 14, 2009 09:19AM
i guess you would have tried the nand backup if you had one...

it's pretty weird that there is no way to delete a wiiware game...formating the nand would probably solve this problem, but i guess you don't want to lose all your games.

but why are so certain that it's this specific game that is causing these problems? to me, it sounds more like an issue with your IOS's; maybe some of them are corrupted. this would at least explain why you can't access some features like updating or delete stuff.but then again, you shouldn't be able to delete anything from nand...did you try updating through a game disc? or waninkokos firmware updater 4.0?

but maybe it would be smarter to find out what exactly is causing your problems.
June 14, 2009 12:49PM
Sephiroth
i guess you would have tried the nand backup if you had one...

it's pretty weird that there is no way to delete a wiiware game...formating the nand would probably solve this problem, but i guess you don't want to lose all your games.
I can't format system memory. it fails too.

Sephiroth
but why are so certain that it's this specific game that is causing these problems? to me, it sounds more like an issue with your IOS's; maybe some of them are corrupted. this would at least explain why you can't access some features like updating or delete stuff.but then again, you shouldn't be able to delete anything from nand...did you try updating through a game disc? or waninkokos firmware updater 4.0?

but maybe it would be smarter to find out what exactly is causing your problems.

I used Anyregionchanger to redo system 3.2 on my wii and it installed correctly but I still can't get rid of my game and it still won't update to 4.0. I have not yet tried waninkoko's firmware updater.
June 14, 2009 12:51PM
metroid_maniac
yes but it contains the game that can't be deleted.
June 14, 2009 01:18PM
idiosync
metroid_maniac
yes but it contains the game that can't be deleted.

Still try. Bootmii runs under MINI not IOS

EDIT: didn't read properly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 01:27PM by metroid_maniac.
June 14, 2009 02:40PM
Was able to install 4.0 thanks to waninkoko's 4.0 updater. But I still can't delete (WBXE), its 321 blocks. I don't know if this has yet fixed the random small brick of my wii though. Only time will tell. Still would like help on deleting the channel though.
June 14, 2009 05:53PM
Have you tried to delete it from data management?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 05:53PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 14, 2009 06:22PM
Try using WAD Manager to uninstall that WAD?
June 15, 2009 01:39AM
Hmm... Since you have 4.0 now have you tried moving it to SD? If you can possibly move it, at least then you could take the SD card out then to your PC go in the folder and manually delete it. If it does by chance move I wouldn't even open the SD channels and just go for the straight delete from the PC
June 15, 2009 02:49AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Have you tried to delete it from data management?

Fails.
June 15, 2009 02:50AM
Arikado
Try using WAD Manager to uninstall that WAD?

Interesting idea will try.
June 15, 2009 03:31AM
Homestar Ruiner was purchased though the Wii Shop channel not installed via a wad. It looks like I would need a wad to uninstall it.
June 15, 2009 03:34AM
LeftToSigh
Hmm... Since you have 4.0 now have you tried moving it to SD? If you can possibly move it, at least then you could take the SD card out then to your PC go in the folder and manually delete it. If it does by chance move I wouldn't even open the SD channels and just go for the straight delete from the PC

It completed the operation but it did not copy and it did not get deleted, but at least the wii didn't freeze :) I'm going to see if when I partially delete it if I can redownload from wii shop rewiting the old version and then delete the new version.
June 15, 2009 03:45AM
idiosync
I'm going to see if when I partially delete it if I can redownload from wii shop rewiting the old version and then delete the new version.

Failed. It restored the game to it previous state(channel showing up it the channel selector but the data was still corrupted)
June 15, 2009 05:37AM
Hmmm. This is too odd. Have you tried deleting the save first that's stored on the Wii system memory in save data, then attempt to delete the channel?
June 15, 2009 06:51AM
LeftToSigh
Hmmm. This is too odd. Have you tried deleting the save first that's stored on the Wii system memory in save data, then attempt to delete the channel?

yes and it didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion though.
June 15, 2009 05:51PM
OK so after some amount of work with wiifuse and the server and getting to be SU on the wii I have determined that it is the file 0000000a.app that is causing my problems with the delete. If I try to remove the file through wiifuse after deleting about 7 megs of 35 it decides that the file is now a directory and quits. I cannot move it,copy it, or delete it from it's content directory. Also using a hex editor on the file doesn't work either, can't save the file.

Side note: if I redownload the game through wii shop channel it bricks my wii really good. Can't even enter recovery mode(no video at all). Bootmii still works though.
June 15, 2009 09:14PM
Tried my idea yet? PM me if you need to find the WAD.
June 16, 2009 05:03AM
Arikado
Tried my idea yet? PM me if you need to find the WAD.
yes and it made it just as far as AnyTitleDeleter. removed the ticket but failed on removing the contents. Tried to install the wad over the old install and it also failed on content #10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login