Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird Brick Problem.

Posted by Rheotron 
Weird Brick Problem.
June 21, 2009 03:25AM
Hey, I have a very strange problem. I hope you guys can help me.

My Wii first got bricked when I installed the USBLoader channel and tried to run Twilight Princess. Something went wrong and when I booted it up it said 'System Files Corrupt, etc'. So, I bought a Wiikey 2, installed it and made a SaveMiiFrii with my gamecube controller. Nothing worked, I tried everything.

So, this morning, I I booted up my Wii and the 'Press A to continue' thing appeared. Something that had never happened before. I managed to get the Wii to boot. From there I reformatted the System Memory and updated my Firmware to 4.0. I could turn the Wii on an off fine except some times it would say 'System Files Corrupt'. I then put in my Wiikey 2 config disc to set up the mod chip, that worked fine. So I rebooted the Wii to install the HBC again and hopefully BootMii aswell to prevent future bricks.

I rebooted the Wii and now the 'Press A to continue' thing is gone from the Health and Safety screen. Now I'm back to where I started, is there anything I can do, or do I have to send it into Nintendo, which I really don't wanna go because my Wii isn't under warranty any more.
Re: Weird Brick Problem.
June 21, 2009 04:08PM
So if you can start your Wii and go to the system menu, then, uhm, exactly whats the problem?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 04:08PM by Arikado.
June 21, 2009 06:39PM
No, he stopped being able to go into the System Menu after he temporarily fixed it somehow.
June 21, 2009 08:58PM
Maybe it is somehow dependant on the NAND? check bushings post out here
June 21, 2009 10:28PM
Yeah. Wow, that is weird.

That could explain why it changes how it boots every time. But it shouldn't be that drastic?

I mean the difference is between being able to boot and not being able to boot.

I'm worried that there is not much more that I can do because I've tried everything that is possible.

Is the only thing now to somehow get a NAND backup and flash it to my Wii somehow?
June 21, 2009 10:47PM
Rheotron
Is the only thing now to somehow get a NAND backup and flash it to my Wii somehow?
NAND Backups are Wii specific. Only backups from your Wii can be flashed to your Wii. Backups from other Wiis will not work.
June 22, 2009 10:02AM
So I'm pretty much boned.
June 22, 2009 10:06AM
if you can get to the health and safety screen, hold +,- and A and see if you can boot
June 24, 2009 02:27AM
metroid_maniac
if you can get to the health and safety screen, hold +,- and A and see if you can boot
heh, I doubt maintenance mode would help
June 25, 2009 11:00AM
Nope. Can't do that. Can't do anything.

Does anyone have any last ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login