Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii with Bootmii Boot 2 installed?

Posted by zipperdoyle 
Bricked Wii with Bootmii Boot 2 installed?
June 23, 2009 03:58AM
Here is the history:

About two weeks ago I started with 2.0U (launch day Wii) system and installed HBC and Bootmii in Boot2 using zelda hack. Played for a few days and installed updated to 3.2U using the downgrader. Everything worked okay, except for the pre-loader, so I updated to 4.0U using Waninkokos update. It worked fine for about 2 days and then I was playing a WAD game that when I exited to Wii home it sent me to a black screen. I hard reset and now I get a black screen when I turn on Wii and have to hard reset.

After this occurred I was able to load up Bootmii and I installed a backup Nand from a previous restore point. I've done this before in the past and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I still keep getting the black screen when I turn on the system. After a day I'm unable to even get to the Bootmii screen anymore and I've only been able to do the gamecube controller hack once to get back in to the system. I've double checked files and SD card when turning system on to load Bootmii. Do you think the system is completely bricked by the 4.0 update? I though that my system was unbrickable due to the Bootmii install. I'm able to turn on the wii using wii mote so it's not a broken BT module.

Thanks,

ZD
Re: Bricked Wii with Bootmii Boot 2 installed?
June 23, 2009 04:43AM
One thing I forgot to mention is that the TV input signal never changes over to the Wii. I have an component and the original wii video cables. I've tried both, which used to work, but the TV is still waiting for a signal. Other gaming systems work on the TV so I know it's not the TV. For some reason the Wii is not sending a signal.

Thanks,

ZD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2009 08:04AM by zipperdoyle.
June 23, 2009 05:27PM
"sigh" this is why you shouldn't trust waninkoko
June 24, 2009 04:34PM
This is what you call a "Full brick." A Savemii MIGHT help.
June 24, 2009 05:51PM
Hold on.
You said you have bootmii, right?

If so, can you boot into HBC?
June 24, 2009 06:51PM
wiiguy
Hold on.
You said you have bootmii, right?

If so, can you boot into HBC?

I used to be able to load up Bootmii and I used a previous working Nand restore point. It saved in the Nand correctly but I still had the black screen. Now when I start up the Wii it does not send a signal to my TV anymore so I don't see the Bootmii screen. Edited Out I'm probably going to call the big N to start the repair process.

Edited Out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2009 02:22PM by Arikado.
June 24, 2009 10:54PM
Going to GBAFail probably won't help.
In this case, the best thing you could do is call NINTENDO.

Good luck!

PS: Nintendo's US Toll Free Number is 1-800-255-3700
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login