Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wierd Boot Problem

Posted by Juxpitos 
Re: Wierd Boot Problem
June 29, 2009 05:11AM
i can't do either of those my system settings page shows an error and for some reason when i downloaded IOS30 and System Menu NUS found key.bin but now it can't find it, nor can i. i will try NUS again but don't have high hopes.
June 29, 2009 05:17AM
You don't need the key.bin to download and pack IOS60 into a WAD. Just run NUS Downloader, click on the option to pack it into a WAD, and type in the appropriate Title ID and it should all work fine. (The key.bin is just for decryption, which you don't need.)
June 29, 2009 05:27AM
Should i also Gram IOS61? or no? and can i get BOOT2 and reinstall it so i can do the full bootmii install?
June 29, 2009 06:40AM
You only need IOS61 if you haven't already updated Wii Shop. Re-installing boot2 won't allow Bootmii boot2 to install, Bootmii boot2 is blocked on newer Wiis because of the boot1 update. Boot1 can only be flashed/installed by Nintendo in the factory.
June 29, 2009 09:19AM
argh well i got bootmii to work, now i need a flipping GC controller. any one know why i get an error when trying to enter system settings?

(error) tryied to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/Index01.html and goes on to say go to Opera help(as a selectable option, but link don't work) and Opera's on-line help desk (another link that doesn't work)
June 29, 2009 05:09PM
Sounds like a semi-brick to me. Change your AREA setting in AnyRegion Changer to match your System Menu Region.
September 08, 2009 01:27AM
Hello MattMan,
I´ve a similar problem:
My Wii has system Menu ver 2.89 IOS v30 Preloader v0.28 .
I bought the wii and it has the HBC and was able to run game backups, but it was connected to Internet and was turned off in the middle of the updating
Right now the only "thing" able to run is the preloader, but I think the preloader is corrupted, cause the wii try to get the preloader v029 from Internet

Anyway, I can to change the options in every line,of the current preloader, I can put any file on Kingston 2Gb SD card and run it, but i dont know what file(s) and in what order to put them.
I was reading all the "Wierd Boot Problem" and looks like my problem, I have the NUS downloader, the SD card but I need the "know how"
somebody was looking and I think he deleted some IOS ( the IOS16) but I´m not sure. is there any way to watch all the files??

is there any way to recover it??
Thanks in advance for any help
September 09, 2009 02:15AM
Run Anyregion Changer and have it install system menu 3.2 for your region. This will fix your wii, but it will also uninstall preloader. I recommend installing bootmii as boot 2 (if possible) and making a nand backup before doing this incase the system menu installation fails, but this is not nescessary. It is very unlikely that anything will go wrong during the system menu installation.

Do NOT power off the wii while doing any of this or while updating since it might brick!
Re: Wierd Boot Problem/ Tutorial
September 09, 2009 06:45PM
Hi, jbc007, thanks for your answer, first at all, I have no experience doing this. for this reason I would like if you can tell me step by step the procedure for follow your instructions,
I suppose I must to put any ( I don´t know which) file.dol or .elf in the SD card.
-then turn on and press "Reset" wait until preloader shows up,
-to load the file on the wii.
-Then turn off, and turn on, run the file loaded.
- To load another ( Wich??) file in order to remove preloader.

Could you help with a tuto, for this basic operations. I think I need to dominate this before to atempt to do anything
Thanks a lot for your comprension.
September 09, 2009 09:15PM
Installing Bootmii is not necessary to fix your wii, you can skip this step if you want. If you do want to install Bootmii then run the Hackmii Installer and have it install Bootmii as Boot 2. It should be obvious what to do when you are in the Hackmii Installer. After installing Bootmii use it to make a nand backup. If you cannot install Bootmii, this will be the case if you have cIOSCORP installed or if you have a newer wii, just forget about it for now.

Now to actually fix your wii. All that you will need is AnyRegion Changer, download it and run it with preloader. Do NOT change any region settings. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see something about installing system menu 3.2. Have it install system menu 3.2u. I cannot remember how it appears in AnyRegion Changer, but it will be obvious what system menu region that you set it to install, make sure that it is 3.2 for your region (USA). Do NOT turn off the wii while you are doing this.

After installing the system menu, preloader will be uninstalled and your wii will be fixed.

I hope that this helps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2009 09:18PM by jbc007.
Re: Wierd Boot Problem/ Tutorial
September 10, 2009 03:34AM
Ok, jbc007 I´ll try tonight, Thanks for your instructions, by the way i was taking a look on *.dol file I suppose I need to put all the content of the unzipped files from AnyRegion Changer on my Sd Card and then load the .dol file and run it.
Thanks again.
September 10, 2009 06:42AM
Hello jbc007, I put the AnyRegion_Changer_1.1b_mod05.dol file on my SD card. then I run it, it start to show for a few seconds that there is something installing, and then the video is damaged, on the screen i can`t see the options and the remote control is blocked.
Do you have any other suggestion??
September 10, 2009 06:46PM
Hi jbc007, i did a second try, run the AnyRegion Changer, the wii show me, the same garbage but in this case I didn´t touch anything , after a long time it showed me warnings about the no responsabilities for the use of the program, bla, bla and one warning about the Korean Systemmenu, suggestions for to install 3 files:
SD:/wad/cIOS40 - 74 v2321.wad
SD:/wad/cIOS41 - 74 v2320.wad
SD:/wad/cIOS43 - 74 v2320.wad
I press "A" , so it showed me the menú for , I read all the menu and press "A" for install the Systemmenu.
It installed 15 files and then did another process and finally the screen show me not readables caracters, like the beginning.
After that I turn off and turn on the console but all continues equal, I try to install Wad Manager in order to install the files suggested, but after Wad Manager installed I run it, the display showed me one screen with warnings about the program danger and back-up nand and two options. I press 1 in order to run the application but nothing happened.
So. I´m like the beginning. What can I do in order to take the right way??
Thanks in advance!!!
September 10, 2009 08:35PM
I have never used the AnyRegion Changer mod, but it seems that a main use for it is to install the Korean system menu, which you do not want to do. These files that you mentioned:
cIOS40 - 74 v2321.wad
cIOS41 - 74 v2320.wad
cIOS43 - 74 v2320.wad
are modified versions of IOSes that should only be present in a Korean wii; you have no need for them.

Just use the original AnyRegion Changer, the download link is here as well as in the top right of the AnyRegion Changer page, and follow my previous instructions.

I hope that it works this time.

Oh, and if for some reason this does not work, it is possible to download and install all of the necessary files with a WAD installer, but you should try the original AnyRegion Changer first since it will do everything automatically and will be much easier.

You should not install any of the files that AnyRegion Changer Mod suggested since they are for a Korean wii.
September 13, 2009 11:48PM
Hello jbc007, I´ve not been very lucky with this brick, I run the AnyRegionChanger, downloaded from your link, it shows the configurations and start to install Systemmenu 3.2 and then the screen shows the same garbage.
I think I need to remove some file installed with the first AnyRegion I used.
In fact I think that many files has been installed, looking the solution to my problem and now these files need to be removed. What do you think.
A clue: When the preloader is on sometimes showsup a message telling me that there is a preloader v029 and the preloader gime me the option to update the preloader, a choose update and a message "file not found onthe server"
Thanks in advance for your comments.
September 14, 2009 12:58AM
It is odd that you are having this problem with AnyRegion Changer, possibly there is something wrong with the IOS that it runs on, but I am not sure. Try running SignCheck. It will make a file called signCheck.csv on your SD card; please post this file, maybe it will reveal something useful.

I do not think that preloader not being able to update is a problem. I think that I read somewhere that the update feature does not work, although I might be confusing that with something else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2009 01:03AM by jbc007.
September 15, 2009 05:20PM
here is the information on the file:

IOS number, "Trucha bug", "Flash access", "Boot2 access", "Usb2.0 IOS tree"

IOS255 (ver 31337), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS249 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS60 (ver 6174), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS55 (ver 4633), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS53 (ver 4113), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS38 (ver 3609), Enabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS37 (ver 2070), Disabled, Disabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS36 (ver 1042), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS35 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS34 (ver 1039), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS33 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS31 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS30 (ver 1040), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS28 (ver 1288), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS22 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS21 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS20 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS17 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS15 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS14 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS13 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS12 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
IOS11 (ver 7), Enabled, Enabled, Disabled, Disabled
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I´m totally sure, that there was one IOS16 at the begining of the problem, and now these file is missing.
I hope your comments.
Thanks.
September 15, 2009 10:55PM
Reinstall IOS 35 with trucha using Dop-IOS MOD running of your cIOS 255. SignCheck has a bug that says all IOS have Trucha (Unless it was fixed). IIRC, AnyRegion Changer must have Trucha in IOS 35.
September 16, 2009 12:00AM
@TopGun96: I think that the SignCheck bug that you are referring to does not apply here since it says that IOS 37 does not have the trucha bug (also, isn't the SignCheck bug only on 4.x or something like that?). Any way, version 1040 of IOS 35 is an old version and therefore already has the trucha bug.

I believe that AnyRegion Changer makes a temporary IOS 255. My guess is that the presence of IOS 255 on your system is causing the problem with AnyRegion Changer (does anyone know if this is could be true?). I recommend that you delete IOS 255 with AnyTitle Deleter and try AnyRegion Changer again. Deleting IOS 255 will not damage anything since nothing uses it and it should not even be on your wii in the first place.

Alternately, you could use NUS Downloader to download IOS 30 version 1040 and system menu 3.2u and install them with WadImport; this will also uninstall preloader.

Note: IOS 30 MUST be installed before system menu 3.2 or else you will brick your wii, and, since preloader will be uninstalled, it will be nearly impossible to fix it.

In case you were wondering, IOS 255 is the only thing on your wii that does not belong; there are no other IOSs that should not be there. And IOS 16 is useless, it does not matter if you have it on your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 12:07AM by jbc007.
September 16, 2009 12:24AM
Ok, You´re suggesting me two options, I´ll try first, to delete IOS255 with AnyTitleDeleter and then run AnyRegion Changer again.
If this not fix the problem I could re-install IOS30 with WadImport and then Systemmenu 3.2u.
It´s that correct?
Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login