Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner Brick on firmware 4.0(USA)

Posted by mshaheen_95 
Banner Brick on firmware 4.0(USA)
July 02, 2009 08:51AM
I bricked my 4.0(officially updated) wii using a bad forwarder wad. I searched nearly everywhere but I think
I could get the most help here. Here is my wii status:

1. do you have a modchip? if yes, which one? Yes, not sure whats the name but it allows me to play copied(backup) games from disc channel

2. what system menu you have? 4.0(USA) updated with system settings

3. If it's above 3.2, did you ever downgraded your ios's so that they still have trucha bug in them ? Luckily yes I did downgrade them before getting bricked(for using geckoOS with channels)

4. do you have starfall installed and installed the recovery mode and diag disc check disable patches? Nope

5. if your wii is not modded, do you have the hacked savefiles for TP in your system? No, they don't work on 4.0

Can someone help me please find the solution???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 09:49PM by mshaheen_95.
Re: Banner Brick on firmware 4.0(USA)
July 02, 2009 10:46AM
Did the signing bug go in IOS 60?

Try burning an autoboot anytitledeleter channel

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 10:47AM by metroid_maniac.
July 02, 2009 11:23AM
I tried burning wad manager autoboot & wad uninstaller autoboot but...
neither worked both giving a message "Error reading disc..Blah..Blah.."
July 02, 2009 03:46PM
Right then. the signing bug isn't in ios 60. you cannot boot any homebrew discs. try maintenece mode as a last shot
July 02, 2009 09:48PM
can't I do anything from savemii(frii) recovery menu?

because maintenance mode didn't work
July 03, 2009 02:36AM
I think you are in the same position as me. I am on 4.0E and can use Savemiifrii to show 4.0E but no autoboot discs I've tried work - either by normal boot or via Savemiifrii. (I have a chip. I bricked just before I was about to install IOS60 and Preloader. Looks like IOS60 might not have helped me anyway.)

We have to wait for a 4.1 update to come out on an official game disc I think?

edit: mshaheen_95 do you ever get the 'Press A' safety screen? I did unbrick once because the screen came up - most times it would cause a freeze from there, but if I kept rebooting eventually I kept trying +/- to luckily finally get into maintenance mode and install HBC etc.
unfortunately i bricked again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 02:39AM by Fnomna.
July 03, 2009 07:25AM
Yea well I didn't keep on trying going into maintenance mode but i'll try it for sure ;-)

Btw I don't think an update will affect the malfunctioned banner(channel),if you had a banner brick

I think there is a way for for us, I heard that any untrucha signed disc will work on booting ex. Official Backup Disc 1.31(don't think it works on 4.0 anymore);Any game set to autoboot...there must be more not trucha signed discs that would help us solve the problem

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2009 07:26AM by mshaheen_95.
July 03, 2009 05:02PM
yeah, I think the backup disc isn't working any more (I THINK). try it. if it doesn't work, your screwed
July 04, 2009 09:21AM
Did you do a NAND backup, by any chance?
July 05, 2009 10:02PM
nope I didn't do it

I think the upcoming smash bros exploit might be a good way to fix these bricks

I'll try it out if it worked,I will post a new topic with full tut

I'm still bricked =(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 10:03PM by mshaheen_95.
July 06, 2009 08:41AM
The Brawl exploit would probably work.
July 06, 2009 11:53AM
How can he run Brawl?
July 06, 2009 01:08PM
gotta get it to autoboot using bootme or smthing so that it doesn't get trucha signed

btw is there a way to get a disc to autoboot without ripping it or illegally downloading it
b/c i'm trying to find a way to get it to autoboot without having to do either of those two methods

So if anybody knew something please help???
July 06, 2009 04:57PM
mshaheen_95
gotta get it to autoboot using bootme or smthing so that it doesn't get trucha signed

btw is there a way to get a disc to autoboot without ripping it or illegally downloading it
b/c i'm trying to find a way to get it to autoboot without having to do either of those two methods

So if anybody knew something please help???

sorry. you HAVE to rip or download it, then use wii autoboot creator to patch it. also, Some modchips don't like autoboot discs. is it region free?

daniel_c_w
How can he run Brawl?
... savemii

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 04:57PM by metroid_maniac.
July 06, 2009 07:25PM
metroid_maniac
Some modchips don't like autoboot discs. is it region free?

Mine gives an error when I put trucha signed discs, does that mean it can autoboot not-trucha signed discs???

And I dont think its region free since I cant play japanese games exept with GeckoOS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2009 07:25PM by mshaheen_95.
July 07, 2009 05:26PM
mshaheen_95
metroid_maniac
Some modchips don't like autoboot discs. is it region free?

Mine gives an error when I put trucha signed discs, does that mean it can autoboot not-trucha signed discs???

And I dont think its region free since I cant play japanese games exept with GeckoOS

Great! mine won't boot Autoboot discs because it's region free or something... use your region of brawl, patched to autoboot in conjunction with "super stack smash bros" Exploit to boot anytitledeleter and fix the wii!
July 10, 2009 09:57PM
Great Thanks all for all your help I hope this works im gonna give feedback as soon as i try it

again thanks metroid evryone..
July 10, 2009 10:01PM
mshaheen_95
Great Thanks all for all your help I hope this works im gonna give feedback as soon as i try it

again thanks metroid evryone..

one more thing... SSSB isn't released yet. you may ask for a beta, though it probably won't work.
July 15, 2009 07:46AM
Its OK ill wait... but I still didnt understand from where do I boot the game "health and safety..."

or from "recovery menu(savemiifrii)" because when I try booting from health and safety screen the disc spins
then it stops and nothing happens

If someone knows please help

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2009 07:47AM by mshaheen_95.
July 15, 2009 08:03AM
you need to do a patch to the game so that it'll run in the Savemii/Savemiifrii. use Boot.me on Wiibrew or Wii Autoboot Creator. the second one's esier to run.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login