Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Low Level Brick - NAND Question

Posted by Alby87 
Low Level Brick - NAND Question
July 04, 2009 04:11PM
Hi!

A friend of mine did just bricked his Wii. It's a bad brick: low level.

Savemefrii (four key (Up/Down/Right/Left) pressed on four GC port) doesn't nothing, and it had 3.2 PAL software.

We have done some testing, using some tutorial... we discovered that boot2 isn't working anymore...

We have read some info on
[bootmii.org]

that's good. Can we use

[www.wiibrew.org]

to dump the broken Wii nand, and write the NAND that the bootmii.org staff we will send to us?

It's really necessary a good NAND backup with bootmii from another working Wii? If is strictly necessary, I will give my backup. But is just a little problem.

The main is the programmer in the link... It's good to do the work? With only the NAND from bricked WII, it's possible to get the Wii key?

Ah, bricked Wii it's early-2007 model :)

Bye!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 04:11PM by Alby87.
Re: Low Level Brick - NAND Question
July 04, 2009 04:40PM
did he have bootmii as boot2? can he boot it?
July 04, 2009 05:30PM
No, no bootmii. He can't boot, neither with disc, neither with savemiifree.

Black screen. Whatever you do.

Help :|

Alby87
July 04, 2009 05:34PM
sounds like the sys menu file, or IOS 30 is missing from NAND Do you know what he did?
July 04, 2009 05:45PM
Tried to play One Piece Unlimited Adventure, and installed every IOS in the game, because it won't start with Geckos and my friend didn't want to update using the original disc channel. He have a WiiKey, so no SoftBackup
July 04, 2009 05:47PM
Probably a messed up IOS 30. In that case, most other IOS' are probably messed up as well.
July 04, 2009 05:54PM
Thank you about IOS 30. I know this is bad. Can we, with the programmer linked in the first post, backup the bricked NAND and send to BootMii.org team to get the key, and install a good NAND dump from another Wii? Thank you :)

P.s. sorry if my message seem a bit rude or bad written... I'm not english :)
July 04, 2009 05:58PM
you must use the programmer to install Bootmii as Boot2, as the keys are _NOT_ on NAND. I THINK Boot2 is unencrypted, and if it is you will be able to install Bootmii. Once you've installed it simply make a NAND dump and give it to Bushing at Bootmii.org (it contains the keys)
July 04, 2009 06:15PM
So that's the procedure if boot2 is unencrypted:

1)Install bootmii on boot2 by programmer
2)Run Wii and backup the NAND on SD
3)Send to Bushing
4)Receive the NAND with new key
5)Reprogram using BootMii
6)Live happily?

Question: if it's possible to program only the boot2 with bootmii, it's possible to run HomeBrew Channel, execute AnyRegionChanger and use some ,ehm, you-know-what method (we can't speak about in the forum, right?) (Just because is about IOS ruined, reinstallable in a working Wii). We can save Wii with the original NAND, keys, etc.?

How we can install only BootMii as Boot2 (is an early Wii, so old Boot1)

Thank you

Alby87

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 06:16PM by Alby87.
July 04, 2009 06:21PM
Alby87
So that's the procedure if boot2 is unencrypted:

1)Install bootmii on boot2 by programmer
2)Run Wii and backup the NAND on SD
3)Send to Bushing
4)Receive the NAND with new key
5)Reprogram using BootMii
6)Live happily?

Question: if it's possible to program only the boot2 with bootmii, it's possible to run HomeBrew Channel, execute AnyRegionChanger and use some ,ehm, you-know-what method (we can't speak about in the forum, right?). We can save Wii with the original NAND, keys, etc.?

How we can install only BootMii as Boot2 (is an early Wii, so old Boot1)

Thank you

Alby87
From 4 onwards, I am not sure. see here

You will use your Broken NAND dump in conjunction with my Working NAND dump, sending them both to Bushing where he will (hopefully) give A Working NAND dump for you to install. I do not know if you keep your Saves or no.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2009 06:23PM by metroid_maniac.
July 06, 2009 07:11PM
Sorry to bump, but Bushing hasn't reply me...

Not to be rude, but I bumped just because I want to know if, installing boot2 low-level can be all the necessary to start HBC and recovery with "THAT Homebrew we can't talk", or the good mode to dump NAND to send to Bushing

Please don't reply to me "Try and post your results", as I just want a confirmation, then I'll tell apart the Wii, make the programmer, burn the chip, etc...

Thank You :)
July 06, 2009 08:28PM
Yes. If you have an NAND dump from another Wii with Bootmii installed, and if the boot2 version is greater than or equal to the boot2 version from the brick dump, yeah Bootmii should install fine. See this for replacing boot2: [forum.wiibrew.org] To find the boot2 version, search for hex bytes 0000000100000001 twice. The big-endian unsigned 16-bit(2-byte) title version field is 0x50 bytes after that.(Relative to the position of that second boot2 title id, which is in the TMD.)
If you can boot HBC still, you can use NUS Downloader and wadimport.
July 06, 2009 11:03PM
Thank you very much, yellowstar.

One more question (don't hate me ^__^ ): both this [www.wiibrew.org] and BootMii make a RAW dump, right? So they are compatible? Except the 1 kb OTP footer that BootMii add, ther are bit per bit comparable (obvisuly I know that turning WII on and off change the NAND, I hope I explained what I mean...)

Thank you:)
July 07, 2009 01:53AM
Yes. You'll need to add the OTP dump footer from a Bootmii NAND dump, to dumps dumped by other software.
July 07, 2009 12:48PM
Ok, thank you :)
July 22, 2009 07:03PM
Hi.

I have a black screen brick that doesnt let me do any thing, but I had bootmii installed before the brick happen, so it boots when I turn on my Wii. Here is how the brick happen:

I deleted IOS 36 & 38 with any title deleter thinking those IOS were cIOS, and install IOS60 with dop-ios to see if I could get the shop channel working again.After doing all this, nothing happened. I turn the console off but when a came back from college and turn it on to play Redsteel, a black screen appeared.

I can run bootmii but cant run HBC from it and either apps on my SD cause it says FAIL TO LOAD BOOT/ELF APP...

I have a good NAND backup but when I try to restore it, nothing happens and under the big white square says DUMP IS FOR DIFFERENT WII.

Can I send my NAND backup to get it fix and where should I send it???
August 04, 2009 09:31PM
yellowstar
Yes. If you have an NAND dump from another Wii with Bootmii installed, and if the boot2 version is greater than or equal to the boot2 version from the brick dump, yeah Bootmii should install fine. See this for replacing boot2: [forum.wiibrew.org] To find the boot2 version, search for hex bytes 0000000100000001 twice. The big-endian unsigned 16-bit(2-byte) title version field is 0x50 bytes after that.(Relative to the position of that second boot2 title id, which is in the TMD.)
If you can boot HBC still, you can use NUS Downloader and wadimport.

Hi.

Like I said before, I have a low-level brick and before that had bootmii as boot2 installed.

I have a friend with a 4.0u wii. Modchip and cios36 rev10 installed.

Can I make a backup of his nand and install it on my brick wii???
August 04, 2009 10:30PM
No. You already have your keys, dumping keys is the _only_ thing that you can do with an "installed" NAND dump from another Wii.(With Bootmii Backup.) So HBC loads, but can't boot apps from SD? Or doesn't HBC boot at all? If SD app loading doesn't work and HBC still boots, try using wiiload if possible. You could dump NAND again, with the original dump on PC hard drive, and compare the Bootmii 1KB key dump footer from both dumps. The original dump was dumped with Bootmii, right?
August 04, 2009 11:56PM
yellowstar
No. You already have your keys, dumping keys is the _only_ thing that you can do with an "installed" NAND dump from another Wii.(With Bootmii Backup.) So HBC loads, but can't boot apps from SD? Or doesn't HBC boot at all? If SD app loading doesn't work and HBC still boots, try using wiiload if possible. You could dump NAND again, with the original dump on PC hard drive, and compare the Bootmii 1KB key dump footer from both dumps. The original dump was dumped with Bootmii, right?

I tried to boot HBC but it didnt work. When I tried to load it, the same black screen appears.

Before all this happend, I did a backup of my NAND but when I tried to restore it, it says: DUMP IS FOR DIFFERENT WII....

apparently the NAND I backup was already corrupted but I didnt know it.

Im so sad because Im using my wii since february 2007 and dont want to buy another one.
October 11, 2009 05:19AM
What version of bootmii you are using?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login