Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My wii wont load discs

Posted by Shayne 
My wii wont load discs
July 07, 2009 12:18AM
I installed Bootmii (I usd both kinds because I didnt know what bootmii was at the time, just was updating homebrew channel and I just installed everything on the list) and DVDX and now my wii will not load discs, wii or gamecube, it still can use all other functions, and loads up the disc channel, but it always says there is no disc, I used the hackmii installer to uninstall both bootmiis and dvdx and it still wont run discs! what do I do?
Re: My wii wont load discs
July 07, 2009 12:22AM
His wii isn't bricked. Mod move this topic.

Try launching your game(s) through gecko os and LibWiiGameLoad. Do you get the same results?
July 08, 2009 07:23AM
ALready tried that, still wont load
July 08, 2009 08:04AM
You could try using this(you can probably find one at a gaming store.). If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to send it to nintendo to get it fixed. Also, try loading more than one disc, if you haven't already tried that.....
July 08, 2009 01:28PM
Sounds like your DVD drive is broken. Can you load DVD movies in MPlayer CE if you install DVDx?
July 08, 2009 05:21PM
SifJar
Sounds like your DVD drive is broken. Can you load DVD movies in MPlayer CE if you install DVDx?

Or use homebrew disc loader?
July 08, 2009 05:40PM
he already said that doesnt work. i'm trying to find out if DVD movies will work, because if so, its not the drive. BTW, just to make sure, are the games originals or "backups"?
July 23, 2009 05:46AM
Yes, they are original copies, and the wii worked just fine before because I updated wii homebrew channel (when I installed bootmii) in order to use gecko os for cheats for the game I was playing
July 23, 2009 06:05AM
Okay, but as SifJar asked, can you load DVDs with MPlayer?
July 24, 2009 12:32AM
No I cannot, and also, I used the wii lense cleaning kit just to be sure, it didnt work
July 24, 2009 12:32AM
Yup, that probably means your disc drive is corrupted, so you'll either need to get a new wii or send your current one to nintendo to get it fixed.
Wow, thats creepy, I responded really fast. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 12:33AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 24, 2009 11:51AM
Wow, within the same minute...

Anyway, the only options are send it to Nintendo or replace the drive yourself, and I'd say sending it to Nintendo would be safer and easier. There has only been one unconfirmed case of them charging extra due to homebrew, but just to be safe, I'd advise you to uninstall HBC, BootMii and DVDx with HackMii Installer. Did you ever install anything else, like cIOS or anything?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login