Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SaveMii and System Menu 2.0

Posted by teeace 
SaveMii and System Menu 2.0
October 10, 2008 09:10PM
A "little" message for everyone who wants to buy a savemii.
I'm a french customer and I have 2 Wii. One PAL 3.1E_v3 (from samba de amigo PAL) works fine with wiinja deluxe.
The other is PAL bricked with paper mario US so I think that it's a PAL wii updated with 2.0U_v2 (I saw that with WiiUpdateManager).
So I'm in the case of the Branch C: “Full Brick” > can't load HTML resources, like in the youtube video.
I bought a savemii, test it with the bricked wii, red light > green light > ...... black screen, no version at the bottom right of the screen : damn!
I test with the working wii, red light > green light > I see V3.1E at the bottom right so the savemii is fine.

For the fun I downgraded the working wii to V2.0E and test it > black screen (same as the bricked one)
V2.1E > black screen
V2.2E > black screen
V3.0E > message at the bottom right!!! Insert Mario Kart and like in the youtube video, savemii launch the update and the V3.0E became a V3.1E.

So I think that if you full brick your wii with a foreign version before the v3.0 ... savemii can't save me ;-)

Do you agree? Any question? Any solution?

Thanks for reading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2008 11:17PM by tona.
Re: SaveMii Q&A
October 10, 2008 10:26PM
teeace
A "little" message for everyone who wants to buy a savemii.
I'm a french customer and I have 2 Wii. One PAL 3.1E_v3 (from samba de amigo PAL) works fine with wiinja deluxe.
The other is PAL bricked with paper mario US so I think that it's a PAL wii updated with 2.0U_v2 (I saw that with WiiUpdateManager).
So I'm in the case of the Branch C: “Full Brick” > can't load HTML resources, like in the youtube video.
I bought a savemii, test it with the bricked wii, red light > green light > ...... black screen, no version at the bottom right of the screen : damn!

Is there any disc in the drive?
October 10, 2008 10:30PM
Apparently 2.x have a different behavior. It still does something so common sense says it should still be useful, but I need to have a look at 2.x to figure out what the differences are.
October 10, 2008 10:38PM
bushing
Is there any disc in the drive?
So.
1 - wii is off.
2 - I plug savemii.
3 - Wii is on.
4 - Red light is on and 1 second later, red+green lights are on.
5 - I put a disc with update. The disc turns and I wait... I wait... I wait... nothing.

If I do 1-2-3-4 with a disc in, it turns just after the lights are red+green and I wait.... nothing at the bottom right of the screen. damn!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2008 10:57PM by teeace.
October 10, 2008 10:54PM
marcan
Apparently 2.x have a different behavior. It still does something so common sense says it should still be useful, but I need to have a look at 2.x to figure out what the differences are.

I confirm that it does something. So I don't worry, I'm happy.
What I don't understand is that:
1 - I downgraded my working wii to V2.0E and if I boot with savemii in, I got a black screen. Nothing at the bottom of the screen.
2 - I insert "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO autobootable" and it works! I can update to version 3.2 if I want. I don't. Still V2.0E.
3 - Reboot - Red+green lights are on - I insert a GAME disc with update on, it doesn't update (I wait for minutes, black screen).
Any ideas?

Before you ask it, if I insert "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO autobootable" in the PAL wii bricked to V2.0U it doesn't works (red+green lights are on and the disc starts to turn but never stops)
October 11, 2008 07:20AM
teeace
2 - I insert "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO autobootable" and it works! I can update to version 3.2 if I want. I don't. Still V2.0E.
3 - Reboot - Red+green lights are on - I insert a GAME disc with update on, it doesn't update (I wait for minutes, black screen).
Any ideas?

Before you ask it, if I insert "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO autobootable" in the PAL wii bricked to V2.0U it doesn't works (red+green lights are on and the disc starts to turn but never stops)

Hmm.
#2 means that the "recovery mode" does (partially?) work in V2.0E, even though it doesn't show anything on the screen. Maybe they added the code to print the version number later?
#3 is strange. What game? Can you try one of the "semi-brick fix discs"? If you get the update process to work, it will probably be invisible -- go make a snack or something, leave it for 10 minutes maybe? :)

If #2 works on your Wii but not the PAL-bricked Wii, we must figure out what is different between them. What kind of drivechip is inside the PAL Wii? Maybe it doesn't support autoboot? (You could try swapping drives between the two systems...)
October 11, 2008 10:58AM
bushing
If #2 works on your Wii but not the PAL-bricked Wii, we must figure out what is different between them. What kind of drivechip is inside the PAL Wii? Maybe it doesn't support autoboot? (You could try swapping drives between the two systems...)
I use the same drive (so the same chip) on the 2 wii. So for me, the difference is the update version. One is V2.0E and the other seems to be V2.0U.
October 11, 2008 11:58AM
bushing
Hmm.
#2 means that the "recovery mode" does (partially?) work in V2.0E, even though it doesn't show anything on the screen. Maybe they added the code to print the version number later?
#3 is strange. What game? Can you try one of the "semi-brick fix discs"? If you get the update process to work, it will probably be invisible -- go make a snack or something, leave it for 10 minutes maybe? :)

I tried with the Mario Kart disc.
Now I've just tried with the PAL "semi-brick fix disc", on the bricked wii, and the disc turns and turns again... never stops.... I wait for 40 minutes before reboot. Always full brick message!
Just to be sure... I will re-downgrade my working wii to V2.0E and re-test with autoboot and mario kart disc. Just to confirm.
October 11, 2008 05:52PM
So I've test it again. I confirm.

On the working wii (PAL V2.0E) :
- The wii+savewii boot the "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO bootable" disc found in gueux forum.
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot a game disc with update or the "wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad" disc.

On the bricked wii (PAL V2.0U) :
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot the "AnyRegion Changer 1.1 ISO bootable" disc.
- The wii+savewii DON'T boot a game disc with update or the "wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290-repad" disc.

What I call "BOOT" > After the lights are green+red, I insert a disc, it turns.... I HEARD THE READING HEAD MOVING.... AND DISC STOPS.
What I call "DON'T BOOT" > After the lights are green+red, I insert a disc, it turns.... turns.... turns.... no working noises, juste turning.
Re: SaveMii and System Menu 2.0
October 16, 2008 09:18PM
Okay, I think I figured this out. As it turns out, the 2.x uses different "SaveMii mode" code. Nothing on the screen is normal - they don't touch the screen. However, the important bit is that on 2.x they do check for a diagnostic disc before installing updates. That means that, to get rid of a 2.x "opera brick", you'll need a modchip and a game disc with a newer update which is also patched to autoboot.

In short, autoboot-patch the "semibrick fix" disc and try that! If your modchip has trouble with autoboot discs, though, you'll have to figure that out first.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2008 09:19PM by marcan.
October 18, 2008 05:23PM
marcan
In short, autoboot-patch the "semibrick fix" disc and try that! If your modchip has trouble with autoboot discs, though, you'll have to figure that out first.

So...
I downloaded wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.rar to extract the " wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.iso "
I don't know if the iso is autoboot so I downloaded " Wii_BootMe.rar " and used it on.
I burned it with imgburn (DVD-RW x4).
I test it on the bricked wii and savemii and wiinja deluxe chip.... red light.... red+green lights .... disc turns.... wait for 10 seconds.... no particular noises.... and "clack-clack" (sounds of a rebooting drive ;-).... and 3.2 at the botom right of the screen ;-)

I reboot the wii without the savemii and the wii runs as a new one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO MUCH HAPINESS

So thanks a lot to MARCAN (and friends) for his answer.

Now you can put some informations on your savemii.net site to help other wii 2.0 users (a little bit.... thanks to me ;-)

Don't stop to enjoy wii users.

Mr Tee
February 28, 2009 09:36PM
is the wiinja deluxe required or could this be done with just the disk and the savemii
November 06, 2009 12:24PM
THANKS SO MUCH,

I have been holding on to my console for ages hoping someone would create a fix, buy the save mii, do exactly what teeaca says in his post, marcan you are the man for the theory's, and teeaca you are the man for doing it and giving us the exact process, and thankyou to the people who made savemii, the boot disk and the auto boot loader. OMFG, so happy!, I registered just to say thanks. First time I have ever been happy enough to do that, thanks again!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login