Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3.2u no preloader, cios36, flashed 4.0u dol into csm?

Posted by giersh 
3.2u no preloader, cios36, flashed 4.0u dol into csm?
July 21, 2009 07:21AM
i have a wii here [3.2u] that was bannerbombed, and has hbc. mymenuify was run with a mymenu theme created for 4.0u [00000072.app instead of 00000042.app]

powers on, showing healthii screen but doesn't make any noise when A is pressed, probably frozen? bluetooth is working fine, i guess. controller appears to sync properly. going to try savemiifrii when i find a screwdriver narrow enough to fit into these little holes. can anyone enlighten me? i don't know if cios36 has a recovery menu, or if that's even a function of a cios. i didn't use the twilight hack, so the save isn't on my wii. i have no chip. thought bootmii was installed during bannerbomb/hbc install, but i don't know how to find out. can anyone point me to an autoboot iso with recovery tools, if it sounds like i could use it? thanks for any help!
Re: 3.2u no preloader, cios36, flashed 4.0u dol into csm?
July 21, 2009 12:23PM
you are bannerbricked. this could be tricky to fix. if you had a modchip you could indeed use an autoboot ISO but you dont so you cant. try booting in maintence mode, see if that works. if it does, which i doubt, start hbc and load mymenuify and put a different theme (one for 3.2) on. If you had bootmii installed in a useful way, it'd autostart at boot, so i doubt you do have it. if you had preloader, this'd be easier, but you dont. you have no brick protection. you shouldn't mess with dangerous (and illegal) apps without brick protection
July 22, 2009 07:20PM
How is MyMenu illegal?
July 22, 2009 07:44PM
I dunno but Arikado told me it is. Probably has copyrighted Ninty code in it or something, I dunno.
July 23, 2009 02:45AM
Well it doesn't have anything obviously illegal (like including the base .app file), and I have yet to see any proof or explanation of it being illegal. Every site I've seen praises MyMenu for setting the standard of legal custom menus and .mym files rather than the complete System Menu. Perhaps Arikado could clarify this?
July 23, 2009 11:51AM
I dunno. But the fact still remains its dangerous if you do something wrong, as this guy did. Doesn't seem to have much error checking. Surely there could be a way of checking if the theme is for this system menu and thus lowering brick rate?
July 23, 2009 07:37PM
Yeah, this application definitely wasn't made for inexperienced users.

@giersh
Do you have the bootmii folder on your SD card? If so, did you ever make a NAND backup?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login