Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi-Bricked wii, no HBC, but update is available

Posted by Moco64 
Semi-Bricked wii, no HBC, but update is available
July 21, 2009 11:20PM
I semi bricked my USA wii with a copy of PAL ANNO. I tried using that update disc but it didn't work. I don't have the HBC installed either.

Thankfully the wii remembered my net settings before i updated the firmware and I can still connect to the net. I received an update mail via the wii with the option to update.

Now I was wondering, can I update it via the in system mail? Or is this another PAL firmware update? My current firmware is probably the one just before this Wii Resort FIX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Re: Semi-Bricked wii, no HBC, but update is available
July 21, 2009 11:31PM
Dont update. If you do indeed have 4.0, which I highly doubt, Wii Sports Resort may include 4.1. It'll certainly include 4.0, which shoud be enough for you I think. Just buy that game and update with it, it should ifx your problem. And never update from an out of region game again. Block updates with preloader or whatever patching program you use to allow region free games in system menu, or just boot imports with gecko os.
July 22, 2009 04:18AM
Well if this makes any sense:

I updated my wii with retail USA Punch Out when that came out, which I thought was the latest firmware. Then I Imported ANNO (PAL) and it updated it again.

I will buy wii sports resort asap though, thanks!

I forgot to mention that I have a CHIP in my wii. If that makes any kind of difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 04:21AM by Moco64.
July 22, 2009 04:25AM
Yes, because somebody could create an autoboot disc for you
July 22, 2009 12:38PM
Indeed, an autoboot disc, booted from recovery mode would allow you to run homebrew, and then use it to fix your wii. You need to find an autoboot disc, but I'm not sure what would be useful to you. If you updated with a disc, you probably dont have any trucha IOS, meaning AnyRegion Changer would be useless...I dunno what would be useful, but there will be something that could be made into an autoboot disc to fix your problem. You don't happen to have cIOS do you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login