Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this possible to fix?

Posted by Adamavy 
Is this possible to fix?
July 22, 2009 01:11AM
Hey my wii is semi bricked i think, i can get into the system menu but if i go to a channel then exit out of it it says "system files are corrupted" or if i try to go into the settings it says "system files are corrupted". I can enter the system settings by going in maintenance mode, yet i dont know if in maintenance mode i can connect the wii to the internet it doesnt allow me to use a connection. Now i think the system menu is screwed up thats why i downloaded the any region changer so that i can download a new system menu accept that i need to be connected to the internet to do that (i think) it says initializing connection then just goes back to the channel. So ya do u guys got any suggestions. Thx in advance
Re: Is this possible to fix?
July 22, 2009 01:46AM
Download title 0000000100000002 with NUSD, and set the title version field to the version for your current sysmenu: [www.wiibrew.org] Install with wadimport.
July 22, 2009 09:22AM
hhmmmm wow i didnt even do anything i just left the wii off for awhile, now when i turn it on it loads bootmii, when i try to load into the system menu i can sometimes get to the press a screen, but then it says "system files are corrupt", usually it just is a black screen though. And it loads a black screen when i try to get to the homebrew channel aswell. Ive tried going into maintenance mode but that doesnt work. My nand fs is 40.3 percent. And unfortunately i wasnt able to make a backup of the Nand as i just got bootmii today (lucky i did). So i guess its gone from a semi brick to a full brick, i tried running the anyregion changer through the sd card but that unfortunately didnt work it said that it failed to read file or something like that. Any options left?

oh and another thing, to load the anyregion changer through the sd card i would click reset on the boot.dol right? (im a little noobish i must admit)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2009 09:42AM by Adamavy.
July 22, 2009 12:35PM
You can't load regular homebrew from BootMii. It needs to be made specially for it, to use MINI instead of IOS (or something like that :P), and no homebrew has been made like that yet. Sorry.
July 22, 2009 10:32PM
okay thanks thats too bad, is something like this in development? or will it probably be a long time haha
July 22, 2009 10:49PM
i know of nothing I'm afraid. I dont even know if anyone knows HOW to make homebrew for MINI, other than Team Twiizers. I'm pretty certain there's no SDK for it yet, so you probably wont see anything for a while.
July 22, 2009 11:13PM
The MIKE preview of the Linux kernel is an MINI app. A Linux toolchain compile script was released, as well as MINI source code and a MINI app template.(See bootmii-devel google group for the template) I wrote a few currently useless MINI apps. One is just an simple but very incomplete filesystem diagnostic app.(It's not meant to be as advanced as wii-fsck, but a port of wii-fsck as a MINI app would be best. Main thing my app is meant to do is check if fs was formatted.) Another app dumps NinCh(any region) wc24dl.vff data file. I wrote code for reading/"scanning" directories, which could be used for an MINI fs browser. And another app is _supposed_ to load IOS, then load libogc homebrew. Dunno why, but the 0xffff0000 region isn't being overwritten by IOS code correctly, so MINI code is executed eventually, so the disc drive LED blinks infinitely eventually.(Like when syscalls are executed) (The Bootmii menu seems to load, patch, and run boot2 to run HBC.)
July 22, 2009 11:21PM
Well, could you possibly be able to create an app which connects to NUS, downloads the latest versions of all IOS, and the latest System Menu, and then installs them? Or would that be hard to do? I had know idea it was already possible to create MINI apps, I didn't think anything had been released yet. How come no one has released any MINI apps yet, other than MIKE you mentioned?
July 23, 2009 12:46AM
That's really hard. We'd have to get some open-source wireless driver compatible with the wireless NIC working, then we'd have to work on a TCP/IP stack implementation.(or port one) And installing is difficult: only people that have working NAND HMAC signing code can modify NAND, and install software via MINI.(And I'm not one of them either) Either it's not well known that a template was released, or no-one has any good app ideas.(Bootmii/MINI is designed for brick protection after all.) It's kindof hard to write MINI apps for fixing bricks, basically you always have to modify NAND, and that's not possible right now, since only a few people have working HMAC code.
July 23, 2009 03:32AM
i can only understand about half of that lol but so do you think my best bet is to send it into nintendo (warranty is overdue so it will cost like 100 bucks) or wait and see if anything does come out.
July 23, 2009 05:36AM
Download 1-2 with NUSD as said above and install with wadimport via bannerbomb. Was HBC working before the brick?
July 23, 2009 09:12AM
ya hbc was working before the brick
July 23, 2009 11:43AM
He is now fully bricked with no way of running wadimport.
July 23, 2009 06:13PM
Well, I guess the only option is Nintendo...
July 24, 2009 02:08AM
rats ok thx guys for the help
August 11, 2009 10:50PM
hey now that bushing has released betwiin now is this possible to fix and if so how do i get started thx in advance
August 11, 2009 11:40PM
Take a NAND dump with BootMii, and extract the keys. I can't remember how exactly, but its on these forums somewhere. I'll find it later. Then get a NAND dump from someone with a working Wii. Extract the keys from it, and then follow the instructions on the WiiBrew wiki page for betwiin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login