Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bricked Wii

Posted by lmoore2805 
Bricked Wii
July 25, 2009 08:31PM
Hi to everyone i need a little help. I am sorry if i have posted this to the wrong area but i have only just signed up so new here.
The problem is the wii switches on to a black screen no health warning just black screen. I have modded the gamecube controller to get me the menu version.
I have downloaded the wii backup disk and burned the iso with imageburn. My issue is that i can only get so far i will explain.
The story so far :
I turn on the wii and hold down the up,down,left and right and get a black screen with 3.2 euro in the bottom righthand corner so far so good, i then put in the disk and it starts to spin and then after around 5-10 seconds it stops and does nothing.
My question is am i doing something wrong, have i got the wrong disk.
I have also tried this wii-system-menu-update-PAL-v290.rar and still the same.
There is no chip n the wii and no preloader or starfall installed. Please, please help this is doin me head in been at it for 2 days now.
Hope someone can help me.
Lee
Re: Bricked Wii
July 25, 2009 08:43PM
Do you happen to have any idea what did this to your wii? Or did you just turn it on one day and have a black screen? Do you have bootmii as boot2? If so, can you access the HBC? Can you turn on your wii with the wiimote? Does the wiimote stay connected?

Sorry for all the questions, its just that I need all the facts before anybody can help you......
July 25, 2009 08:55PM
Thats fine i will try and answer all. Its a friends wii so i am little in the dark. I have just called him and he says he was installing a theme from a different region. He says the theme was ntsc.I dont know about the bootmii as i am a little vague on it. How do i check.
I cant get to anything at all just a black screen on boot up.I cant turn on the wii with the remote as it is not synced up and it will not sync.Hope this helps.
Thanks
Lee
July 25, 2009 08:59PM
You'll no if you have bootmii as boot2 because a screen comes up before the system menu, and it looks like this:

When he says he was installing "an NTSC theme", that doesn't quite make any sense....Does he mean he was trying to change his region?
July 25, 2009 09:02PM
All he said was he was trying to install a theme. I think the same as you. No i dont get the picture above.
Thanks
lee
July 25, 2009 09:15PM
Okay, if he was installing a theme, that means he was (mostlikely) using softmii or mymenuify...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2009 09:20PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 25, 2009 09:19PM
i have asked him and he says he was not so now i dont know what he was doing. poss he might be installing the theme from the softmod instructions which are at the end of the instructions. sorry for not having anymore info he is a bit useless.
so do you think it can be fixed or should he use it to prop the back door open
thanks
lee
July 25, 2009 09:26PM
He was using softmii
Thanks
lee
July 25, 2009 09:29PM
It was a usa theme so he applied it then it bricked
July 26, 2009 12:29AM
Try holding down RESET when you turn the Wii on. Does the Preloader Menu come up?
July 26, 2009 10:32AM
Tried that one no preloader installed. cn you boot off an sd card.
How do you create anyregionchanger to boot off dvd
July 26, 2009 11:55AM
hi, you've got a broken bluetooth module.
You can order a replacement module at dealextreme.com, they are the cheapest for such modules, incl. free shipping
July 26, 2009 05:59PM
Can they blow just through doing a theme change

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2009 06:24PM by lmoore2805.
July 26, 2009 06:14PM
lmoore2805
Can they blow just through doing an update.
What, the BT module?I thought you said he bricked his wii by using a theme....
July 26, 2009 06:22PM
He has i was just replying to the guys post beforhand. Can anyone give guidance on what i should do. I am really struggleing.
Help
Thanks
Lee
July 26, 2009 06:23PM
dude have you any ideas on this for me.
Lee
July 27, 2009 07:46PM
Fixed it . It was the bluetooth module as this needs to work beforethe wii can load the sysmenu.
This does quote that it fixes the blck screen of death on boot up.
Thanks to all that tried to help me . I thought i would post the solution as it might help some others.
Bought it from www.depot888.com or £9. Got delivered today and fitted it and bingo all sorted

niohubala got me looking into it after he suggested it so a big thanks to him. I found the diag flow chart and that said the same. So thanks again
Lee
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login