Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii won't power on after using USB Loader GX

Posted by TheMadJester 
Wii won't power on after using USB Loader GX
August 04, 2009 03:50AM
Greetings everyone. I've run into a bit of a problem and I couldn't find a post with a similar issue.

I'm running System Menu 3.4, and last week I installed HBC and followed Link Removedto install USB Loader GX. Everything worked fine. I backed up all of my games and was able to use them just fine. This week I got a couple more games and wanted to back them up. After I installed them onto the external HD I tried one and it worked fine. Then I tried the other (Mario Party 8) and the screen went to black, and then nothing happened. I tried to power off the Wii using the power button and nothing. So I unplugged it, waited a little while, then plugged it back in. Now the red light won't even come on. I've unplugged all of the cables and am going to let it sit for a little while and then try again.

Has anyone run into a problem like this?

The Wii is well within the 1yr warranty and I've done some research on sending hacked Wiis to be repaired. Has anyone else had to send their Wii to get repaired with HBC on it? And what happened?

Thanks for the help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 04:57PM by Arikado.
Re: Wii won't power on after using USB Loader GX
August 04, 2009 04:01AM
May the games begin :-)

We do not support piracy, back-ups and/or usb game loaders here. Troll elsewhere, please.

I guess your Wii died, because your USB-HDD wanted to much power. Most USB HDDs need mor power than the USB-standard supplies.

So far I have heard of 2 cases of Nintendo charging more for Wii's with unauthorized software on them.
One was from Germany, one was from the UK. Both are unconfirmed.
In the worst case Nintendo will ask for some money and you might have to say no.

Anyway. You played around with fail-stuff, that you did not understand, and where burned. Some would call that a lesson.

This thread will propably be cast away soon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 04:03AM by daniel_c_w.
August 04, 2009 04:17AM
Oh, I'm sorry. I mistook this website for a place where people could help. Where ideas and thoughts were freely discussed in hopes of finding solutions.

Since this thread is apparently going away anyway. Thanks for nothing you fucking jack-ass.
August 04, 2009 04:41AM
Oh my :(

Ideas and thoughts are discussed freely here, we just do not support (amongst other things) piracy, or anyhting that is most likely related to piracy.

If you would read my post again, you will see, that I even wrote 2 paragraphs that should be helpfull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 04:44AM by daniel_c_w.
August 04, 2009 09:09AM
TheMadJester
Oh, I'm sorry. I mistook this website for a place where people could help. Where ideas and thoughts were freely discussed in hopes of finding solutions.

Since this thread is apparently going away anyway. Thanks for nothing you fucking jack-ass.
Daniel could have just left it at "We do not support piracy, back-ups and/or usb game loaders here.", yet he did try to help with parts of your post... and you acted as ungrateful as you did. There are rules here, and you didn't read them. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, eh?
August 04, 2009 04:08PM
People in this forum use the term "fail" too often.

EDIT:

What I was trying to say was give people a break.

PS- Have a look around Link Removed instead OP.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2009 04:59PM by Arikado.
August 04, 2009 04:16PM
Well, this sort of stuff is fail. Although we do use that word a lot...maybe we should try and broaden our vocabularly. What's another word that means fail? jk =P.
August 04, 2009 05:43PM
I guess "fail" became our own meme :-)

(like Chuck Norris Facts or The Cake Is A Lie)

Does anybody know a good GBAtemp or "fail" joke?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login