Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deleted IOS36 and some others.. [solved]

Posted by OneUp 
Deleted IOS36 and some others.. [solved]
August 05, 2009 05:39PM
Well, I was trying to fix some problems with my wii and I got trigger happy with any title deleter. >_< Anyways I still have several working IOS modules and cIOS249. Also, I have access to preloader, hbc, and bootmii. However, as I understand most hbc apps need IOS36 to run, and I deleted it. I also read that you should be able to make an app run on any IOS, is this correct?
If so I would like to try and get waninkoko's downgrader to work on a different IOS. I have started to try and change this myself, but I still am not too familiar with the environment and I can't get it to detect my devkitPro installation (the make command says "makefile:13: /devkitPro/devkitPPC/wii_rules: No such file or directory") Also, I don't know where I could change the current active IOS either. I see something about loading cIOS, but I think that is after it uses IOS36 to run the app.
I maybe misunderstanding this, but if I'm on the right track, could someone give some guidance?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 05:44AM by OneUp.
Re: Deleted IOS36 and some others...
August 05, 2009 06:13PM
Waninkoko's work is not supported here. And especially not his downgrader. Its pretty bad and doesnt do all it should. My advice would be, seeing as you have cIOS, get dop-IOS and use it to install IOS36 and any other IOS you deleted. It runs on IOS 249 (cIOS) so it should work OK.
August 05, 2009 06:43PM
I figured that I'd get that kind of response to the downgrader. Anyways, I tried dop-IOS, but it black screens. (This is what anything launched from hbc does so far)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 06:44PM by OneUp.
August 05, 2009 06:51PM
This is probably what will happen to anything, as HBC most likely runs off IOS 36.

Try loading it with preloader, not HBC. Make it the installed .dol file, then load it. And try changing the System Menu IOS in preloader settings, see if that lets you boot the System Menu. Or dop-IOS if it doesn't work without changing the System Menu IOS. Anyway, if you can boot System Menu using this method, try to use bannerbomb to run dop-IOS.
August 05, 2009 07:31PM
Negative on all those ideas... The wii menu freezes at health and safety-no push a.
August 05, 2009 07:32PM
Try changing the System Menu IOS to 249.
August 05, 2009 10:32PM
Yeah, that's the one that I changed it to. I was on firmware 4.1 with IOS set to 60. (which is still there) The IOS I deleted were 9-15,17,20-22, 30-36, 50-57 I think.

Edit: I have a USBGecko if that might help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 11:39PM by OneUp.
August 06, 2009 02:49PM
freezes at health and safety? does it change when it's on IOS 60?
August 06, 2009 05:39PM
It was on IOS 60 before i tried 249.
Could someone give me the sd card bootmii files for an IOS install? I installed it as an IOS right before all of this and it was still running fine after too, but I had to format my sd card and lost those files.
I also think that I found the solution to all of this it's comex's MINI formatter. I've just gotta figure out how to compile the thing...
Re: Deleted IOS36 and some others.. Building MINI toolchain?
August 06, 2009 08:09PM
Someone uploaded the Bootmii files here in FixMii somewhere. You need Linux to compile MINI and MINI apps. I use Ubuntu for this.(Comes with a Live CD option, no installing to HD.) Odd, I tried using bushing's HMAC code from wii-fsck, did some modifications for MINI, and broke it in the process I guess... I don't think it's necessary to format NAND. If you can download and decrypt IOS36, IOS60, and everything else you deleted, I could PM a build of WiiPatcher running under either IOS30 or 249. WiiPatcher does not patch anything yet, but it does install decrypted titles.(I'll need to get devkitPro updated on this other PC first...)
August 07, 2009 01:01AM
I figured I'd need linux. I have Ubuntu installed just didn't go that route yet. If this works I already modified the code that I need to use I can install the mandatory files, then use any region changer to install 3.2.

But still, could someone with bootmii as an IOS send me the sd files?
August 12, 2009 06:16AM
I was able to solve this problem with some help from IRC.

Solution:
1. Preloader boots to HBC with bootmii as an IOS and cIOS installed
2. Download IOS30 with the Program NIS
3. Place IOS30 in sd:\wad
4. Run this modified version of comex's formatter from bootmii
5. Run Dop-ios from hbc to install missing IOS
Once I got this far, I reinstalled bootmii as boot2 and made a backup of what I had just in case.
6. Run cIOS downgrader to get proper sysmenu/ios version for 3.2
7. Run firmware 4.1 upgrader to keep trucha signing

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 06:26AM by OneUp.
August 12, 2009 03:17PM
OneUp
I was able to solve this problem with some help from IRC.
Which channel and server? Names of the magical helpers please?
August 13, 2009 02:04AM
All on efnet
From #wiihelp I believe Galaxy| and kalakoi helped me. I got the missing bootmii IOS runtime and learned about formatter.
On #smashstack I got a few questions answered about formatter from comex.
From #bootmii lewurm helped me with mini and ended up compiling the formatter with the removed format part for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 02:05AM by OneUp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login