Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Considered bricked? After update 4.1U

Posted by Wiiman90 
Considered bricked? After update 4.1U
August 08, 2009 06:28AM
Ok... My wii was working nice in 4.0U until I updated to 4.1U, I turn off wii, next day I turn on Wii, and suddenly none of the WiiMotes want to connect the Wii Console! Ok it's funny, because nintendo cautions screens appears, Wii menu apears with all channels, WHy wont the WiiMotes connect?!

Ok, I get it , they got Out-synchronized because of the update:

1.I press sync button on both wiiMote and Wii console. (first press sync on wii and then on wiimote, then press 1 and 2 button, etc)
2.I did restart wii ,and repeat step one, like dozen of times...
3.I connect both WiiMotes to my pc with Bluesoleil and WhiteBoard with blueTooth and they do work, and connect!
4. I did step one again! Didn't work!
5.I open up Wii console to see if the bluetooth card was disconnected/broken, it wasn't..
6.Did step one again and nothing happens!

Ok, so what I'm doing wrong! WiiMotes works, cuz I tested them, Wii it's the problem, but what is it? The wii it's not bricked, Wii system menu works, comes up whenever I turn on console. It could be the bluetooth card inside wii that it;s defective for no reason, or might just be a malfunction when I installed Wii System Update 4.1U (I updated it with Waninkoko's Firmware Installer 4.1)

So that's why I considered wii bricked, or may be "WiiMote Less" because doesn't detect them!
Please help me out and thanks n_n"!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 06:30AM by Wiiman90.
Re: Considered bricked? After update 4.1U
August 08, 2009 09:06AM
"rolls eyes" You know what someone should do? make note of how many times people get bricked by waninkoko. your BT module isn't broke.
August 08, 2009 09:42AM
Ohh so it's Waninkokos's fault? Well What should I do to fix this "Wii Bitchy problem"? Wii doesn't get connect the Perfectly working WiiMotes!

Any suggestions?

SHould I hit the Wii with a Bat so hard that then would be detecting, not just wiiMlotes but also BatSmash! ?

Please help, and thanks for replying my desperate post...

WiiMan90
August 08, 2009 02:50PM
Wiiman90
Ohh so it's Waninkokos's fault?
Yes, believe it or not there truly is a real reason his software isn't supported here: It sucks.

Unless you have BootMii and a NAND Backup, I can't think of anything to suggest.
August 08, 2009 06:58PM
Well I didn't install bootMe and I don't think a ever backup the nand...
So I'm screw with a working wii that doesn't connect WiiMotes! This is freaking stupid! Oh well.

I guess I can use SaveMii dongle, right...
I just need to have WiiMotes connection Back, somehome wii Update 4.1U disable that...

So, I don't have the wii with BootMe and preloader, my wii doesn't have modChip...

So can I still use SaveMii dongle to run a autoboot disk with homebrew channel and Wanikoko's Firmware Installer to re install 4.1U or downgrade to the one I was, so I can connect those wiiMotes right like they used to before this...

Well it can be the bluetooth module, I mean it's sure is a coincidence after that Update, Wimotes were working well, my little brother played with it after the update, next day the wiiMotes weren't connecting, so it doesn't even want to turn on using the WiiMote, so it might be that too, after all system menu its fine, no signs of briskness... Except wiiMote crap...

UPDATED:
I can fool one of my friends in giving me his Wii to "Update it" since he know nothing about it, I always modified his Wii first, but this time it was mine, well to borrow it and open it, take out Wii Bluetooth module, exchange to test if mine damage (for no reason) and then put it back... That way I'll save money, if mine not damaged, but if not I will have to buy the savemii dongle. once I figure it out if I can use it to autoboot HBC whittin a disk... and not modded wii.

Thanks for replying to my desperate post :)
thanks, anyone...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 07:46PM by Wiiman90.
August 09, 2009 03:30AM
Can you turn your Wii on with the Wii Remotes?
August 09, 2009 03:59AM
No the wii doesn't want to.

Another thing its that the wii doesn't boot up if the bluetooth module its not placed it, but how come ca boot up well with menu and everything with it? So is it or not damaged?

It can be 2 things:
1.Waninkoko's Firmware Update 4.1U when finishing installing, the wiiMotes did worked, after turn off and turning Wii next day, WiiMotes doesn't work! So is the wicked update that somehow the WiiMote detection modules(drivers) aren't working right...

2. It can be pretty much an coincidence of bad luck, that after the update and my little bro play with the wii, turn off; next day I turn on and No WiiMote connects, pretty much the bluetooth module it's faulty/damaged...
but still Wii console boots normally , Warning Screen and Wii Menu are displayed like nothing has happened.

So which of this two is it?
a.the update had an error installing
b. the wii bluetooth module its damaged but doesn't cause wii to stay on black screen of death

So any Ideas? Anyone?
Thanks for supporting and replying my desperate post :D

WiiMan90
August 09, 2009 04:56AM
Well, letter A doesn't seem to make much sense (why would the upgrade not affect anything until a day later), so I'm thinking that something is wrong with your Wii's BlueTooth Module.
August 09, 2009 05:32AM
well we got same though then, but you'll never know anything can happen with time.
Well if the bluetooth module is defective (means that it's not completely damage) because wii still boots up fine (no black screen of death when fails at initializing bluetooth module), i will ask a friend for wii to swap his BTH module out and put in my wii for testing only and then put it back.

Thanks for the second opinion, just what I need to take letter B as option and do action.

The only way to find out it's doing that, well I will post further progress after that happens.

Thanks all you for supporting and replying my desperate post :)

Wiiman90
August 09, 2009 06:07AM
MattMan
Well, letter A doesn't seem to make much sense (why would the upgrade not affect anything until a day later),
Guessing around...
Maybe because he did not turn off the Wii between the Waninkoko and the failure.
Maybe some Wiimote initcode got destroyed.
August 09, 2009 01:25PM
Well the wii was working after the update, my little brother payed after the update, I as controlling the whole wii after the update! So u think this initcode got damage when my brother turn it off that night?

I don't know, it can b possible, but lets root for letter B, that way I got more chances of saving my stupid wiimoteless detection wii...

Thanks for your support too :D

Wiiman90

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 01:26PM by Wiiman90.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login