Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RestoreMii problems bad nand flash BootMii(Boot2)

Posted by Zpitx 
RestoreMii problems bad nand flash BootMii(Boot2)
August 12, 2009 09:12PM
The story of my Wii xD

1 I instal the pack from Wii Softmodding for Dummies v4.1_MOD
2 I instal bootmii(boot2) and make a nand copy
3 My SD card get corupt
4 I format my SD card, try to instal bootmii(boot2) but it doesn't boot
5 I unstal bootmii(boot2) and instal bootmii(ios) just to have a copy of my nand , the other one was lost then my SD card was corupt
5 i unstal bootmii(ios) and instal bootmii(boot2)
6 i instal cioscorps 3.2 and evrything was bad my wad manager couldn't instal wad. I only give ERROR ret = -1 (Not enough free memory). And the bootmii instaler didn't work, give me a error.
7 suddenly after i had play in a few hour i turn my wii off and on and my wii boots into bootmii(boot2)
8 And I flash my nand with my old nand i create with boot(ios) because i didn't like cioscorps 3.2.
9 After that i go to the Wii icon next to the homebrewchannel icon. The screen go black and nothing happen. I try to turn it off and on but nothing :S Try booting into bootmii but nothing happens

So does i have bootmii(boot2) + bootmi(ios)from the old nand? or only bootmii(ios) or something ?
Can it be fix ? why is it not booting into bootmii(boot2), bad sd card ?
Re: RestoreMii problems bad nand flash BootMii(Boot2)
August 13, 2009 01:55AM
Problems:
1) You used a softmodding pack
2) You tried to install bootmii to boot2 a second time, instead of just preparing the SD card, either way you should've made a backup of the SD card as soon as you made the NAND backup
3) You installed cIOSCORP, just....just don't. You may like what it does (even though it isn't supported here, so you shouldn't have come here to begin with), but it does it in a very backwards, and stupid manner.

To make it short, you did something stupid. However, I can't exactly understand what you're saying 100% so I don't entirely understand what the problem is. If English is not your first language, there's not much I can do, and please disregard the next sentence. If English is your first language... Perhaps you should try to learn sentence structure and spelling.
August 13, 2009 04:22AM
sorry im Norwegian. The big problem is that it doesn't boot in to bootmii(boot2).i can't realy turn it off , only redlight and then i turn it on the light is green and the wii chech the dvd and it flash first 1 time and then 2 times very fast

so the problem is my SD card ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 04:27AM by Zpitx.
August 13, 2009 06:56AM
have you tried booting without the SD card and without a DVD in the drive?

Also, have you tried re-flashing with that same NAND dump? It's still beta software, so I don't think it would be entirely impossible that RestoreMii screwed up somewhere along the line. unfortunate, yes, but not impossible, although I really hope that's not the case.
September 30, 2009 05:47PM
The problem is that I am unable to boot into bootmii ..
I turn on Wiien but the TV gets no signal, and the wii chech the dvd and it flash first 1 time and then 2 times very fast.. Have tried with 4 different SD cards and no one manages to get it to boot into bootmii ..

And if i booting without the SD card and without a DVD in the drive.
Do it exactly the same (light is green and the wii chech the dvd and it flash first 1 time and then 2 times very fast)
But the space between the first flash of the 2 others are much less
September 30, 2009 10:16PM
cIOSCORP corrupted your NAND.

Just...just..don't use that. It just installs a crapload of stuff that doesn't even work AND has the added benefit of being dangerous.
And if you installed cIOScorp just to play [this word is unsupported here], it doesn't even play [this word is unsupported here] correctly,
so the way I see it, you're screwed unless...

What BootMii version did you install before it failed (beta4, beta3, beta2, beta1)
What methods of launching homebrew do you have?
Do you have the cIOScorp UNinstaller? (required to use the HackMii installer)

If you have at least a way of boot homebrew, you can use comex's NAND Formatter, but you will lose everything stored on your Wii, even your Shop Channel purchases.
September 30, 2009 10:40PM
i have beta 2.
I do not know if I have any way to start homebrew on = ( Maybe savemiifree + modchip? does it work on 4.1?
September 30, 2009 10:47PM
...you have only the Comex MINI NAND Formatter...but doing so will get rid of everything on your Wii regardless.
September 30, 2009 10:51PM
Comex MINI NAND Formatter ?
September 30, 2009 10:52PM
formats your Wii's NAND since cIOScorp corrupted it.
September 30, 2009 10:54PM
how shall I manage to start it?
September 30, 2009 11:31PM
What do you see when you turn your Wii on?
September 30, 2009 11:59PM
nothing, wiien does not send out TV signals ...
October 01, 2009 12:27AM
...you're screwed.

After attempting to comprehend your first post, this is the only step where you messed up:

Zpitx
6 i instal cioscorps 3.2

cIOScorpse installs a custom DIP module which prevent the HackMii installer from functioning properly.

Then you tried to do a NAND backup.

That's when everything went wrong.

So either:

1) Your BlueTooth module is fried.
2) cIOScorpse nuked your Wii with C4
3) The NAND backup failed.

And can you turn on your Wii with the Wiimote?

MAYBE formatting your Wii with the Comex formatter may work, and I will try to get the button presses, but it might not work. (since I don't even know if BootMii is even there, since Comex's fomatter requires MINI)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 12:29AM by angelXwind.
October 01, 2009 12:34AM
yes i can turn on my wii with the wiimote
(I made a NAND copy before I instalerte cioscorps 3.2)
and MINI is ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 01:09AM by Zpitx.
October 01, 2009 06:48PM
I managed to get bootmii to work.But only with bootmii folder and the 3 files on the SD card. Once I leave with a NAND copy then deny it to start.

I tried to add the old NAND backup to another SD card. Swap cards from one with bootmii to the second with NAND. But it said that NAND was to another wii

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2009 11:44PM by Zpitx.
October 01, 2009 10:47PM
im sure i've seen somewhere theres a way to fix nands that say they, possibly in the hackmii v0.5 changelog, im not sure though
October 03, 2009 01:49PM
where can I find Comex MINI NAND Formatter?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 01:49PM by Zpitx.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login