Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fully bricked wii

Posted by bendergod 
Fully bricked wii
August 15, 2009 07:06PM
Plz help me

K had HBC installed.it was a 4.0 they downgraded it to a 3.3.
i went out and bought wii sports resort and it needed a update to play it.when the update was done,the screen went black and the system does not run.all i get get is a black screen.There is no preloader or bootmill.all there was is the BUC and HBC.i tryed the UBD disk and that did not work.Plz someone help me.I used a Game CUBE controller and that will not boot up as well.

Can anyone get this wii working again
Re: Fully bricked wii
August 15, 2009 07:12PM
Can you turn the Wii on with the Wii Remote?
August 15, 2009 07:47PM
No.I have to hit the power on the wii system.and then nothing but a black screen
August 15, 2009 08:05PM
But when you put a game in the wii you can hear the disk spinning and it sounds like it wants to come on but does not boot
August 15, 2009 08:07PM
You have a broken Bluetooth module. you'll either have to send it in to the big N or install a new BT module yourself.
August 15, 2009 08:11PM
Where do i get that from,and how do i install it????
August 17, 2009 07:51PM
You can find a Bluetooth module at Dealextreme.

[[url=http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16026]dealextreme.com[/url]]

That is assuming you know how to install one. Yahoo answer. If I were you I'd send it in to Nintendo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 07:52PM by metroid_maniac.
September 06, 2009 04:22AM
I have the same trouble. i tried to play the wii sports resort and it asked me to update. i did.. it went through and then i shut it down.. turned it back on to a blank screen with no sound either.. my wii also makes noises like its trying to load but nothing is comming up. i have wiikey installed on my wii running at 3.4u.. i just tried replacing the bluetooth chip on my wii.. but it still does the same thing. no sound or video.. and the remotes dont work either, they flash but wont connect to the wii.. i was wondering if there is something else going on becides the bluetooth chip... since ive just replaced that and still nothing.. unless i was shipped a bad chip.. any ideas would be Great!
September 06, 2009 08:57AM
If it can turn on with the Wii Remote, it's not your BT module. The installation of menu 3.4 from Wii Sports Resort went wrong.
September 06, 2009 12:54PM
remotes just flash.. wont stay on. and i cant use them to power the wii on
September 06, 2009 02:30PM
then it's the Bluetooth module.
September 06, 2009 06:14PM
I thought that too.. so i ordered one.. and put it in.. and it still does the same thing..
September 06, 2009 09:01PM
redwood
remotes just flash.. wont stay on. and i cant use them to power the wii on

Bluetooth module!!!! this is exactly the same thing that was going on with my wiimotes (not RED BRICK yes)
i couldnt get them to swithch wii on or sync until i installed that setting.txt.
im not saying that this will fix this wii. but my wiimote would not swithch my wii on or sync and it was my sysconf deleted??????
September 06, 2009 09:16PM
I'll have to try installing that setting.txt that might work. do you have to have a gamecube controller? or can you use the reset button on the wii?
September 06, 2009 11:15PM
im sure you will need a gc controller, as the wiimotes wont be synced.

i borrowed one from my neighbours kid/ he said keep it till whenever. it doesnt need to be an official one, as the one i use is aftermarket, just thinkin dont them steering wheels that support ps2 gamecube etc! if you could get a lend of one of them.

dowload link in my posting about bricked wii now fixed.

Pm me if you need to (answer tommorow). off to bed now/ grandchildren have knackered me with swimming!
good luck. its worth a try
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login