Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banner-bricked 3.2U LU64

Posted by wiiner 
Banner-bricked 3.2U LU64
August 20, 2009 02:33PM
Hey all, I was hoping some folks could clarify the options I have for this case. A friend of mine saw my hacked wii, and decided to try his own. He says he had it going pretty good, until he tried to install a custom theme, which was a 4.0 theme, and ended up with a banner-brick (someone correct me if this isn't right). No bootmii, no preloader, tsk, tsk. I've been assigned the task of trying to unbrick it, since I "know a lot more", lol.
Since a Startpatch hack means that the Health & Safety screen is skipped, the Wii freezes as what I call the "shadow-channels" flash before the system menu loads.
Startpatch also means I can easily boot into maintenance mode (where 3.2U is in the bottom right corner, even though he swears the Wii Settings told him it 4.0U... so you can see how he got the brick, I'm guessing he didn't actually check the system menu version before trying to install the theme), and once there, any original games inserted will autoboot. However, since the Startpatch hack for skip disc updates is also applied, the newest game I've run is MarioKart... should I even bother to go out and rent a newer game, or would I just be wasting my time?
Also, since there's no modchip or cioscrap, I can't run any burned discs, and I've tried a few just for laughs.

So, when I follow the troubleshooting guide, it basically leads me to the point of saying to use anytitledeleter, etc, at this point, but i don't see how that's possible. I figured that my only option at this point would be to have a modchip installed to run some type or other of recovery/autoboot game which is altered to autoboot a homebrew app instead of the game's main.dol (or something along those lines).... that, or wait for the brawl exploit, which I can't find any info on since June.

Can anyone confirm for me if I have any options here, and what they might be? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I should also note that the twilight hack save file is not on the system. Thanks.
Re: Banner-bricked 3.2U LU64
August 20, 2009 02:37PM
Well I'm not sure if it will work since you have skip update check hacks on. I would just try a disc with 3.4 on it.
August 20, 2009 02:44PM
Yeah, as trite as it is, I still haven't tried that, as I just assumed that since all the other hacks still work, that one would too. But I guess I'll have to give it a try anyway.
August 20, 2009 07:35PM
The Stack Smash exploit has been released. Use it to run WAD Manager and reinstall the System Menu.
August 20, 2009 07:53PM
MattMan
The Stack Smash exploit has been released. Use it to run WAD Manager and reinstall the System Menu.

Has it? Where can I find it?
August 20, 2009 07:58PM
Woah, wait a minute... are you serious? Any ideas on where to get it? I was in irc this morning on the stack smash channel, and was told that comex was waiting for bannerbomb to be fixed before releasing it.

Edit: found it, google stack smash exploit, should find it right away. Gone to get a copy of SSBB to try this out. I'll post back with results later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 08:08PM by wiiner.
August 20, 2009 09:03PM
metroid_maniac
MattMan

Has it? Where can I find it?
It's on [gamingexposed.com]
August 20, 2009 09:05PM
Wow. it's just great that I live in the UK innit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 09:05PM by metroid_maniac.
August 20, 2009 10:28PM
metroid_maniac
Wow. it's just great that I live in the UK innit!

My thoughts exactly. I wonder how long it will be before there is a version for PAL copies of the game. Or if there will be one. I hope there is.
August 23, 2009 09:23PM
Just figured I'd update this... I got an original copy of SSBB, and used the Stack Smash exploit to run the Hackmii Installer (just because it was the only boot.elf I had laying around, and boot.dol's weren't being recognized). So anyway, I just exited the installer to the Homebrew Channel, and fixed the system menu. Thanks for all the help.
August 23, 2009 10:37PM
how did the SSBB HELP WITH the banner brick without preloader how can i
get in maintenance mode. I banner bricked have homebrew channel installed exploit not sure.
August 23, 2009 10:50PM
dude dont troll other peoples topics. make your own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login