Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uninstall preloader and homebrew

Posted by Snorbo 
uninstall preloader and homebrew
August 21, 2009 06:29PM
Is it possible to uninstall preloader and homebrew and start from scratch? I know when I did the original install i made some errors and would like to start over with some good instruction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 06:29PM by Snorbo.
Re: uninstall preloader and homebrew
August 21, 2009 06:30PM
well seeing as your wii isnt bricked this shouldnt be in the "fixmii" section but....... what system version are you on?
August 21, 2009 06:38PM
Well...i had a remote issue i have not resolved in here im working on that and when i get that fixed if i can get it fixed i just want to start over as i feel i had a bad install and a brick is soon to come. My wii always boots up in the preloader screen and i have had issues with the system so i would like to just get it all up to the latest stuff. That being said and done the system is at 3.2u i believe and preloader is v0.25 not sure what version of homebrew is in here but i did the twilight hack back in oct - dec of 2008. I just kinda got away from it all and its time to fix and make this wii work right. Thanks for this and im sorry if i have this in the wrong section of the forum.
August 21, 2009 06:44PM
just run anyregion changer since you are on 3.2. this will re-do everything back to 3.2 factory settings. (minus deleting HBC)
no problem about being in the wrong section. (it happens all the time)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 06:45PM by TopGun96.
August 21, 2009 06:48PM
ok then how do i get rid of the HBC?
August 21, 2009 06:52PM
delete it using anytitledeleter.
August 21, 2009 06:52PM
Why would you want to do that? But use anytitle deleter with bannerbomb to delete the title named HAXX
August 21, 2009 06:53PM
dude! you beat me to it... again :P
August 21, 2009 06:54PM
thanks guys!
August 21, 2009 07:08PM
no problem... but why do you want to uninstall the homebrew channel? It cant brick your wii... some dumb apps can though (and some useful ones too)
August 21, 2009 07:16PM
well because i know very little about this hobby i was just going to start from scratch. I need a good tutorial on this stuff is what i need.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login