Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

xyzzy is now deprecated in favor of BootMii ? (question)

Posted by hamre 
xyzzy is now deprecated in favor of BootMii ? (question)
September 18, 2009 04:41PM
Hello , i have question about bootmii and xyzzy. In xyzzy wikibrew you writed info this application is now deprecated in favor of BootMii, which appends the entire keydump to the end of every NAND dump. I have question because xyzzy dont works anymore (cannot allocate buffer error) - how extract keys in bootmii ?
Its possible extract PRNG seed key directly from nand.bin ? Or maybe exist any other possibilities to extract PRNG seed key from wii ?
Also i want thank you for great bootmii soft and i want in near future send donation , paypal its accepted in info@bootmii.org ?
Thanks for reply and sorry for my poor english.
Re: xyzzy is now deprecated in favor of BootMii ? (question)
September 18, 2009 05:38PM
Bootmii appends a 1024 byte footer in the nand.bin or in version 0.3 in a separate keys.bin file.

This footer or file contains all the keys and info for your console, the same infos of xyzzy output.

By the way the structure of this key is not very readable :)

Once you have this 1024 bytes, with an hex editor you can extract the keys, starting at position 100h you can look at this struct (the first one):

[gitweb.bootmii.org]

- 100h => boot1 hash (20 bytes)
- 114h => common key (16 bytes)
- 124h => ng_id (4 bytes)
- 128h => ng_priv (30 bytes) I think this is what you need.
- 144h => nand hmac (20 bytes)
- 158h => nand_key (16 bytes)
- 168h => rng_key (16 bytes)

I'm sure the nand key and hmac is on this position, for the rest I took the things from the struct.
Seem also the last 2 bytes of ng_priv are the first of hmac.

What is the ulitily of PRNG ??

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 06:09PM by vola.
September 18, 2009 08:13PM
i try using this tool [sites.google.com] , and this need PRNG seed key (16bytes long) , i have keys file from bootmii i know how use hex editor , but still cant find this PRNG key here :/ looks like start in 168h but dont works in this tool
September 20, 2009 05:56PM
--- deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 05:58PM by vola.
September 20, 2009 05:57PM
I compared a xyzzy export with my bootmii backup, and I can confirm PRNG (rng_key) starts at position 168h (16 bytes). If you want to run xyzzy you can reinstall a vurnerable version of IOS36

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 06:23PM by vola.
September 20, 2009 09:09PM
thanks for checking now all clear :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login