Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very strange brick. Help please!

Posted by seregaprog 
Very strange brick. Help please!
September 27, 2009 11:49AM
Hello Everyone!

I took from the friend usb Hard drive (with movies), connecting it to the wii. But after inclusion Wii, just got a black screen. several times overloading wii, shut down from the socket, did not help. On my Wii in boot2 installed BootMii, and there are backups (backup with the system menu 3.4E, I did it before upgrade on 4.1E).
I restored from backup, but got the same black screen:(
Through bootmii I can go to the homebrew, but I do not have gameCume joystick, and wiimouts not connected.
I can not take advantage Betwiin, as for all my acquaintances the version boot2v3, and for me boot2v2. Found on the forum a mention about "Comex NAND Formatter". I've downloaded the source code, compiled, installed according to instructions. But, when I turn on wii, on the TV the signal is not given at all. In general "Comex NAND Formatter" for me not stably works. Sometimes at start will hang up at installation of the first Wad. Sometimes instal only 2 Wad from 4. All was installed only from attempt 8-9.

Are there any ideas what could it be? And how to restore the System Menu?
I will be glad to any help.
Sorry for my bad English.
Thanks.
Re: Very strange brick. Help please!
September 27, 2009 01:57PM
Could be a hardware problem, maybe the bluetooth module. You may have to open your wii and replace it, or send to nintendo and have them do it for you.
September 27, 2009 02:37PM
If broken bluetooth module, why then does not boot the system menu? I certainly will try to take another bluetooth module from the friend and replace. but I think the problem is not that.
Thank you for your reply.
September 27, 2009 03:27PM
The System Menu crashes if it cannot load the Bluetooth Module.
September 27, 2009 03:48PM
Trust me, its probably bluetooth module. A broken bluetooth module stops wiimotes working and stops system menu loading. Oh, can you turn the wii on with the power button on the wiimotes? If not, its definetly a broken bluetooth module. If you can, it isnt a broken bluetooth module, but I have no idea what it could be in that case.
September 27, 2009 04:43PM
Thanks for the tip.
I already bought on ebay a new Bluetooth module. well they are not expensive.
I previously could not turn the wii on with wiimote. always had to approach the wii, to turn on.
I hope that is the case.
Thank you.
September 28, 2009 07:25AM
I have read that due to breakage WiFi module, also does not load the system menu.
Is it possible to define in what the reason, without Bluetooth module replacement?
For example, if I disconnect Bluetooth module, the system menu will boot?
September 28, 2009 01:30PM
No. (IIRC) If the wii doesn't find a Bluetooth module then it does the same thing as the broken one. If you can't turn the wii on with the remote then your bluetooth is for sure out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2009 01:31PM by TopGun96.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login