Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e

Posted by mafiatom 
Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e
September 30, 2009 09:52AM
I made the Mistake and Updated my WII to Version 4.2e, now my Homebrew Channel and BootMii is gone, bet you know.

I have a well saved nand.bin from the Version 4.1e with erverithing working well.

No ist there any thing i can do, to restore the well saved nand.bin in order to get my old System situation back?

The thing a have is a Channel Forwarder witch will execute a bool.dol in the apps path.
Eventually it is possible to launch a bootmii restore dol in there ? But therefore i will need a executeable boot.dol with is able to restore my old nand.bin.

Other hand, i am able to use the indiana pwns exploit to launch a boot.elf in the root directory. Is there a woring bootmii dol witch is able just to restore the old nand.bin?

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 10:33AM by mafiatom.
Re: Restore a well saved nand.bin on Wii 4.2.e
September 30, 2009 10:34AM
nope, Bootmii isn't a .DOL or ELF. you're SOL for now
September 30, 2009 10:50AM
Is there currently any other way to restore to old nad.bin?
September 30, 2009 11:09AM
Actually only with a nand programmer. Wait few days, I think a new hackmii installer will come out...
September 30, 2009 08:24PM
Congratulations, the new Hackmii installer is out and you can restore your NAND dump
September 30, 2009 09:48PM
Would that work? I thought that boot2 could not be downgraded; unless, of cource, you already had boot2v4. Still, you may as well try it, I could be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2009 09:48PM by jbc007.
October 01, 2009 05:45AM
Bootmii does not overwrite the boot2 blocks, so you can go back to 4.1, but you'll still have boot2v4 (which really doesn't matter imo)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login