Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Preloader brick

Posted by dan3008 
Preloader brick
October 02, 2009 12:20PM
hi, i was trying to install preloader and it crashed. now on booting my wii i dont even get a display, whats happend, can i fix it?
Re: Preloader brick
October 02, 2009 08:02PM
Q1: can you turn it on with the Wii Remote?
Q2: if you hold reset on power-on, can you see a menu?
October 02, 2009 08:05PM
what system menu version do you have?
October 03, 2009 01:50AM
q1 yes
12 no, preloder failed to install, besides i dont get any display

and i had just updated to system menu 4
October 03, 2009 10:44AM
How recently, and did you do an official update?
October 03, 2009 04:20PM
yesturday (friday) ago. and no, i used Waninkoko's 4.0 Firmware Without Security. It worked perfectally fin on m friends wii.

i realy hope this is fixable, withot costing too much.
October 03, 2009 04:32PM
Do you have a GC Controller? If so, try SaveMiiFrii (take the controller apart and push down on all 4 directions at once, while its connected to wii, and then power on wii). If it works, there'll be a little number in the lower right hand corner. This is recovery mode. Can you get into recovery mode?
October 04, 2009 03:11PM
No. My tv is staying on the no input display. that is the same for a pal wii isnt it, i'm not doing it wrong am i?
October 04, 2009 03:20PM
ok, i just read somewhere that you need a bot disk to use savemii. is this correct? or is it just or the dongle, also do i need the dongle? and where can i find the boot disk?
October 07, 2009 06:27AM
I'm assuming you saw my post in the other thread by now dan, but in case not, I'll say it again.
Try the solution I gave here:
[forum.wiibrew.org]

Best of luck!
October 07, 2009 08:45AM
that dont work. i dont get any display, and i definaitaly cant get to the system menu.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 08:46AM by dan3008.
October 07, 2009 09:16AM
It seems like you may need to get a new wii...
:(
I'm not sure though, so don't give up hope, and keep on looking.
Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
October 07, 2009 01:17PM
ok, hres a quick question, would a chip or the savemii dongel work? also i have heard rumors about a boot disk that might work, any ideas on where to get this?
October 08, 2009 06:55AM
nah, doesn't look like it, it seems like you wiped your system menu. In which case, you could only be helped if you had an infectus and a bootmii dump with your keys. Biggest problem here is you don't have your keys, nor an infectus. I'd donate my NAND, but I don't know if you have boot1b and boot2v4
October 08, 2009 07:02AM
Dan, look at the back of your wii, and tell me.
Well first of all, if you got your Wii in the U.S.A.
Does it look like this:

LU XXXXXXXXX
Or does it differ?
But that's only if its from the U.S.A....
I don't know the other countries serial prefix.
October 08, 2009 09:29AM
my wii is pal, i got it in the uk however my serial number is LEH1228809[5] if that helps anyone. is infectus and boot mii relay the only way, because i can get an infectus chip fitted and hopefully get bootmii onto the wii. (is that possible?). then all i would need would be to get my keys and sort out a new NAND, if that's possible, 9where cold i get one from
October 08, 2009 05:54PM
I got the same problem with my newly bought wii when trying to upgrade to 4.1 (using Waninkoko's tool). It's exactly the same situation: black screen when powering up, no system menu at all. Not sure how this can be fixed or if savemii can help. Can I send it back to Nintendo to have them fix it?
October 08, 2009 07:14PM
i havnt deleted my system menu. I messed up my boot with preloader. and i dont even gt a black screen.

Prince rock. homebrew voids your warenty, so you cant return it to nintendo, or at the very leeast they wold probbly charge yo for fixing it.
October 12, 2009 01:36AM
I also have the exact same problem. I was trying to install preloader but it crashed. and now theres just a black screen, save mii frii doesn't work. Neither does bootmii. But my wii is from the us.
October 12, 2009 11:12PM
i dont even get a black screen, i just get a blue no input screen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login