Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Full brick Wii with wii sport resort

Posted by rtbrad 
Full brick Wii with wii sport resort
October 12, 2009 11:49PM
Dear Friends, I´m really new on this, so I´m requesting your help in order to save my wii:

My wii was version 4.0, so friend of mine did a downgrade to v.3.2 and installed HBC, he said to me that there was not possible to install the bootmii but only as an IOS. I do not have copy of NAND and any preloader. Yesterday we put the Wii Sport Resort and upgrade from the disc, and after reset the wii stop working. The ON led is green but there is "no input" on TV. Wii dont repond to any (full brick)

I have been reading that using chip (Infec..) can help to unbrick the wii. Hopefully you can tell me what solutions can be done and how to do these.

Thanks
Re: Full brick Wii with wii sport resort
October 13, 2009 09:24AM
If you don't have a working backup there's no way to recover the console with infectus. Since bootmii can't be installed as boot2 you can't install it in any way.
October 13, 2009 07:33PM
Thanks for your reply

What kind of options do I have?

BR
October 13, 2009 07:34PM
If you get an Infectus, I THINK you could dump your bricked Wii's keys and then use betwiin to convert a working dump to the bricked Wii, then use the Infectus to flash it.

But this is why you shouldnt downgrade. You were left with a stubbed IOS50, you upgraded to 3.4, which uses IOS50 as the System Menu IOS, and bang! full brick.
October 13, 2009 07:45PM
Thanks for the info

Another question is; if I wait to newer Games Disc with have an v4.0 or later software update, can I use the SaveMii in order to install the new System Menu and recover the system?

Thanks in Advance
October 13, 2009 07:47PM
SifJar: Could you please explain a little more your last response.

Thx
October 13, 2009 08:06PM
If I put One ModChip on My Wii, Can I use a custom-made autoboot DVD?

Thx
October 13, 2009 08:07PM
SifJar
If you get an Infectus, I THINK you could dump your bricked Wii's keys and then use betwiin to convert a working dump to the bricked Wii, then use the Infectus to flash it.

But this is why you shouldnt downgrade. You were left with a stubbed IOS50, you upgraded to 3.4, which uses IOS50 as the System Menu IOS, and bang! full brick.

You could get the encryption keys for your Wii if you get an infectus, allowing you to change the encryption of a different Backup to work on your Wii.

When you were on 4.0, IOS 50 was a stub and un-useable. You downgraded to 3.2 and then updated to 3.4. 3.4 uses IOS 50, killing your Wii.

EDIT: and no, a game with a newer update won't work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 08:08PM by metroid_maniac.
October 13, 2009 08:27PM
SaveMii will not work because it is a feature of the System Menu, and therefore if the System Menu cannot boot, it cannot boot. It is only useful for fixing semi-bricks really.

Which part of my reply do you need explained in more detail, or is maniac's respones clear enough?
October 13, 2009 08:38PM
You can't install Bootmii boot2, thus you can't dump your NAND keys.(Even with Infectus) You need the NAND keys to use Betwiin.
October 13, 2009 09:18PM
Are you sure you cant get the keys with an Infectus? If this is true, you are completely screwed.
October 14, 2009 07:42PM
Could I try booting the Wii Backup disc v1.31 ? Has anyone tested it? I Think I wil will need to have a modchip installed on my wii to be able to boot this backup. Is that Possible?
October 14, 2009 08:16PM
it is illegal, and will not help you. especially seeing as you COULDNT boot it. As I have said already, YOU CANNOT ACCESS RECOVERY MENU, therefore you cannot boot a disc AT ALL.
October 14, 2009 10:42PM
SifJar
Are you sure you cant get the keys with an Infectus?
NAND keys are stored in OTP, not NAND. Infectus can only be used to install Bootmii boot2, then Bootmii could be used to dump the NAND keys.(Which he can't do since his Wii has a boot1 with fakesign fixed.)
October 14, 2009 11:10PM
Rage. In that case, I'm afraid you're out of luck mate. You now have a nice Wii shaped paper weight. That's why downgrading is frowned upon in knowledgable circles such as this forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login