Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Black Screen bricked Wii

Posted by Securis 
Black Screen bricked Wii
October 31, 2009 03:46AM
System Version: 4.0

Problem: Turn on Wii, immediate black screen.

Cause:
Successfully modded my Wii and installed the homebrew channel. I was bothered by the fact that I couldn't run channels from my SD card, so I did a bit of googling and found some guide saying I need to re-patch something with some bug (I forget), I think IOS60? I ran the wad file which installed, went to exit the homebrew channel and my screen went black. Turned off Wii (had to hold power button down) turned it on, and instant black screen. been that way since.

Fix attempts:
1. Tried disassembling gamecube controller and pressing down all four directions, could not access recovery menu.
2. Purchased a drivekey and tried using the Universal Unbrick disc, and then realized that drivekeys don't ship with the autoboot function enabled.

I've been doing so much searching, and have not found a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reading
Re: Black Screen bricked Wii
October 31, 2009 10:24AM
Can you turn on the Wii with your the Wii Remote.
October 31, 2009 05:05PM
Yes I can. While the Wii is on at the black screen though the wiimote won't turn on. When I press any button the 4 lights flash then they go off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 05:08PM by Securis.
October 31, 2009 05:26PM
OK, IOS 60 is probably corrupt. NAND programmer & NAND keys or The Big N.
October 31, 2009 05:37PM
Sorry, what does that mean? Would a modchip even help me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2009 05:38PM by Securis.
October 31, 2009 08:58PM
Securis
A NAND programmer can read and edit the NAND. The NAND keys are the keys to the NAND (lol). A common NAND programmer is the Infectus chip.
November 02, 2009 10:33PM
metroid_maniac
Securis
A NAND programmer can read and edit the NAND. The NAND keys are the keys to the NAND (lol). A common NAND programmer is the Infectus chip.

Same issue here. It happened when I upgraded from 3.2 to 4.0 and the last thing to do was to patch the IOS60 and I pressed the wrong button. Would a savemii dongle help there ? Instead of the big N, are there any online shops with NAND programmers ?
November 03, 2009 12:32AM
I don't have a NAND programmer, or my original keys. Probably just going to re-sell it I guess.
November 12, 2009 01:05PM
I am same issue here also. Now ,I try to make NAND progamer by myself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login