Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii won't power on now

Posted by SimpsonsJunkie 
Wii won't power on now
November 01, 2009 06:15PM
I've got a Wii 4.1u, with first digits of the serial # LU that has (HAD?) the HBC installed via Bannerbomb. I was using mplayerCE and pressed the home button on the wiimote, I got up to plug my laptop into the surge protector and I accidently hit the reset button on the surge protector. Everything in the outlet did a quick flash but the Wii is not getting any power now. I unplugged it and tried another outlet but still nothing. It's less than a year old. If anyone's got any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance.
Re: Wii won't power on now
November 01, 2009 07:24PM
Sounds like you may have fryed it or something. I would have thought that in MPlayer CE a power outage would have been fine, but maybe not...Sure the cable is connected to Wii properly, i.e. it hasn't come out slightly? (I know it seems obvious, but sometimes the solution is quite simple)
November 01, 2009 07:52PM
Try to hold the power button for 5 or 10 seconds, then try to turn it on again. And like SifJar said, check if your cable is properly connected.
November 02, 2009 05:32AM
Yeah, I checked all the cords and held the power button down. I searched around online a bit and from what I'm seeing, it might have blown a fuse. Looks like I will have to send it in to Nintendo. This seems to have happened to people that had the Wii on during a power outage. The more I think about it, I don't think the HBC had anything to do with it. It just seems more like a hardware failure.
November 02, 2009 02:05PM
FIXED! The Wii apparently has something built into it that will completely shut off all power to the console if a power surge occurs. The fix is simple. Unplug the power block from BOTH the Wii and the outlet for a few minutes. Then plug back in and it should work like mine did. If it doesn't work after that, let it sit for a day or so without the power brick plugged into either the console or the outet. Then try it. Sorry for posting in here about this, but I thought it had something to do with the HBC, due to reading about bricking the console if a power outage happens while 1st installing HBC. Thanks for the input though, Sif & Molzo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login