Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can't update in recovery mode!

Posted by bill37018 
can't update in recovery mode!
November 02, 2009 12:05AM
hi i do repair for pawnshops in my local area and some one brought me a bricked wii for repair. it is a LU37 with system menu 3.2u. they say it was softmodded with twilight and they were installing a 3.2 menu skin or theme and boom , brick. so now when wii is powered on it goes directly to a SYSTEM FILES ARE CORRUPT ERROR !!! .Tried holding reset for preloader and no response. So i modded a gamecube controller and now can boot the wii to recovery mode. while in recovery mode it displays 3.2u and when games are inserted you can play. So i put in Twilight Princess and the hack or gamesave has been deleted and cant reinstall twilight hack. Now im thinking "just get game with newer update" and no matter what i try it just loads the game and plays without asking to update and even able to use internet gameplay. Just no UPDATE. Tried sports resort , mario galaxy , smash bros , and a bunch of others all would play but none would update system. tried to download autoboot repair disc such as : Nintendo's Official Wii BackUp Disk v1.31 , wii-ntsc-systemmenu-v289 , update-menu-for-ntsc , AnyTitle_Deleter_iso_autoboot. and none of those would boot.

1) can you update system with a game that has newer required files? If so which one?
2) do you need modchip to load burnt update disk like the images i have downloaded?
3) how do you make these auto boot disc? if i use POWERISO to open the images i have downloaded they say file format is invalid or unsupported.

PLEASE HELP
Re: can't update in recovery mode!
November 02, 2009 08:52AM
Please excuse my stupid English

(1)maybe, you can try the WiiFitPlus. if you want to update to 4.1U
(2)maybe, you can try the smash bros. if you enabled to the Remove diag disc check when you installed preloader
November 02, 2009 09:24AM
Wii Sports Resort has the 4.1 update in it. If you are not getting prompted to update when inserting that disc, I doubt any of the games that have a built in update will work.
November 02, 2009 09:34AM
Wii sport resort has 3.4 update in it (at least for pal). For run an autoboot disk you need a modchip, anyway there is a possibility that the wii has already a modchip in it with update blocker function active...
November 02, 2009 10:07AM
vola
Wii sport resort has 3.4 update in it (at least for pal).

Yeah you're right, it was 3.4 also for U. 4.1 update was the patch for some Wii sports resort glitches.
November 02, 2009 06:48PM
The problem is when the diag disc check was removed, disc updates must have been blocked, so it will not try to install the update from the disc before playing. Also, please remove the warez talk in your post (official nintendo recovery disc is illegal for you to have).

Anyway, if you can boot Smash Bros, what you need to do is simple - use SamshStack to run something like wadimport and install a WAD of a newer System Menu.
November 04, 2009 03:11AM
SifJar
The problem is when the diag disc check was removed, disc updates must have been blocked, so it will not try to install the update from the disc before playing. Also, please remove the warez talk in your post (official nintendo recovery disc is illegal for you to have).

Anyway, if you can boot Smash Bros, what you need to do is simple - use SamshStack to run something like wadimport and install a WAD of a newer System Menu.

and the IOS that it uses.
November 04, 2009 06:19PM
TopGun96
SifJar

and the IOS that it uses.

Oh yeah. That'd be a good idea. Dont ever install a System Menu without System Menu IOS.
November 05, 2009 02:21AM
And it'd be good to install the IOS first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login