Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

final word on low level brick

Posted by m00nstone 
final word on low level brick
November 27, 2009 04:58AM
I had a working wii running HBC (no bootmii, no preloader, no NAND backup etc.) My roommate deleted everything through Wadmanager. Can't savemii as System menu is pooched. I've been reading alot but I need to be sure. Without a NAND backup, or keys, am I SOL? I'm willing to solder an Infectus, but can it retrieve my keys.bin and NAND.bin in this situation? My Wii is over a year old, so I believe it was capable of booting bootmii

Final answer please, is Nintendo my only option?
Re: final word on low level brick
November 27, 2009 05:31PM
you cannot do anything without the keys i believe, even with an Infectus. Sorry. make your roommate buy you a new wii ;)
November 28, 2009 04:55AM
If your wii is old enough to install Bootmii, you can fix it with an Infectus. You need to find a NAND dump from another wii with Bootmii as boot2 installed and use an Infectus to flash it to your NAND. Then you can access Bootmii on your wii, get your keys, use Betwiin to convert a working NAND dump for your wii, and use Bootmii to restore it.

Sorry that this is not very clear. Hopefully someone else can explain it better because this is all that I can tell you.
November 28, 2009 03:22PM
But he needs his NAND keys to do that, which he does not have and cannot get.
November 28, 2009 03:59PM
You could dump NAND, install Bootmii as boot2 manually if possible, then flash NAND. Then dump NAND with Bootmii to get the keys.
November 29, 2009 06:35PM
Yes, but to install BootMii as boot2 manually into a NAND dump made with an Infectus, I think you need your keys. Not sure though.
November 29, 2009 07:09PM
SifJar: No, you don't need the keys to install Bootmii boot2.
December 16, 2009 12:07AM
@yellowstar

Can you go into details of this process? By what your saying if I had an Infectus programmer (and a Wii with a updated boot1 that does not allow bootmii to install into boot2) I could install bootmii into boot2?

According to [wiibrew.org] :
Blocks 1-7 (Pages 0x40 - 0x1ff) : boot2 (two copies and blockmaps)
* boot2 is the third-stage bootloader; it is stored in a modified WAD format, including a ticket that is encrypted with the common key and signed.

I dont see how this could be possible.
December 16, 2009 08:22PM
Boot2 uses the same key on all Wiis since it uses regular WAD title encryption. I already answered this before: [forum.wiibrew.org]
December 16, 2009 10:40PM
if you have an updated boot1, it will not work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login