Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Semi bricked Wii thats running preloader only - plz help

Posted by doulka 
Semi bricked Wii thats running preloader only - plz help
December 04, 2009 11:51PM
when wii is opened it is always showing me the preloader menu v 0.29 and the message "There is an important update to v 0.3.could not open boot file". I also have IOS v 60 and systemmenu v 417. I have tried the directions from this site [www.youtube.com] but the following message is showed :" I'll configure The homebrew channel to use ios36". After that it shows error 103002011 installing ticket and installation failed. I have got the american wii version. Could anyone help me find a solution?
Re: Semi bricked Wii thats running preloader only - plz help
December 05, 2009 12:34AM
get preloader 3.0 it will update or uninstall 2.9 for you
December 05, 2009 04:12PM
how could i do this?
December 05, 2009 04:39PM
That video is not very useful and, depending on how you bricked your wii, may actually make the problem worse or even ruin your wii completely. What exactly is wrong with your wii? Also, what caused the brick? That information will be helpful in determining how to fix it.
December 05, 2009 07:09PM
I can't get to the starting menu of wii. When i am opening it, it always gets me to the systemmenu. The semi bricked happened when i tried to update it from v4.0 to v4.2.
December 05, 2009 10:28PM
So you attempted to update your wii to 4.2, but it instead caused a semi brick and stayed on 4.0? Anyway, this sort of issue is usually caused by installing the wrong region system menu. You can fix it by installing system menu 4.0 or 4.1 for your region with Dop-IOS Mod. You could instead download the system menu WAD with NUS Downloader and install it with WadImport.
December 06, 2009 01:31PM
The screen goes black with dop-ios mod andi can't do the second solution that you gave me because i don't understand exactly what to do. could you help me with further instructions?
December 06, 2009 05:47PM
First of all, what region is your wii? I assume that it is not NTSC-U since you have system menu 4.0u.

Download NUS Downloader and run it. Go into data base and select system menu 4.1 for your region (you must choose the correct region). Check the pack WAD box at the bottom of the screen and click start NUS download.

When the download finishes, you will have a WAD file of system menu 4.1. Make a folder called wad on the root of your SD card and put the system menu WAD in it. Run WadImport and have it install the system menu.
December 16, 2009 06:49PM
My wii is 4.0U.The proplem is that i can t run the WadImport . When i m trying in the screen appear words without meaning and the screen freezes PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login