Removed homebrew and bootmii/ bricked via wiifitplus disc update
December 05, 2009 12:19AM
hi i removed all the homebrew stuff from my wii using any title deleter and ran hackmii installer removed bootmii as ios removed homebrew.
ran mario kart which installed a disc update. made a mario kart channel
loaded wii fit plus which installed a disc update which appears to of bricked the wii.
i phoned nintendo who asked what channels were on wii, so i said mariokart channel photo. bla bla. (which is true as i had deleted hbrew) so nintendo is sending a sack to send it in as i explained that it froze after the wii fit plus update.
so is it something i have done or is it a genuine error caused by a disc update?
and will nintendo run any diagnostic software and be able to see the wii's history.
i went from 4.2 to 3.2 before uninstalling bootmii and homebrew.
wiifit uses 3.4 update is it possible that the ios was a stubb and will nintendo know this and shoot me and my family with machine guns in the middle of the night!!!!
I could understand if i was using pirated software but i wasnt, it was a new disc from tesco's.
Re: Removed homebrew and bootmii/ bricked via wiifitplus disc update
December 05, 2009 01:55AM
No, Nintendo will not hunt you down. Neither would they if you had had the HBC installed. They might've fined you a bit, but thats all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 01:55AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 05, 2009 02:06AM
many thanks! you are very swift in your reply.
December 05, 2009 02:07AM
You're welcome! If you have more questions, feel free to ask. :)
December 05, 2009 02:40AM
The problem is definitely a stub IOS 50. However, Nintendo should not be able to determine what caused the issue. You may find this to be helpful.
December 05, 2009 09:04AM
many thanks, i thought that it would be hard for them to diagnose. that saying it doesnt take a genius to figure out, issues need to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, so i will ask to see diagnostic reports if questioned.
Im peeved as it was unmodded and ok i had gone back with firmware and the wii isnt made for going backwards, but i put a disc in that i had just bought ready to shed some pounds and BANG/ POP / SQUEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
was it the fact that i downgraded to 3.2 after being at 4.2. ie the 4.2 created a stub ios and wii fit PLUS found ios 50 didnt question it and is now sayin HEY dave who turned out the lights, im scared of the dark. LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login