Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

help bricked wii

Posted by pieownsu 
help bricked wii
December 07, 2009 12:24AM
I installed a theme on my wii and now when i turn on my wii it is all green and white lines. im new to this so i dont know what it is. i do have bootmii installed im on system menu 4.2 and i renamed bootmii folder on my desktop (dont ask y) here is hown it looks

bootmii/boot <----- stuff in this folder is right but i think the name is wrong can any 1 help me? :(
boot.elf
boot.dol
Re: help bricked wii
December 07, 2009 12:31AM
Did you install bootmii as boot2? If so, is the SD card you used to install it inserted into your wii?
December 07, 2009 12:33AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Did you install bootmii as boot2? If so, is the SD card you used to install it inserted into your wii?

yes but when i insert it in the wii it still has the green and white lines but is the folder "boot" named right?
December 07, 2009 12:39AM
No, name the folder to "bootmii." And make sure its on your SD card. :P
December 07, 2009 12:43AM
thats wat i did this is my sd card root/bootmii/boot/armboot.bin bootmii.ini
boot.elf
boot.dol
December 07, 2009 01:09AM
No no no...

It should be:
Root/bootmii/armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppc.bootelf

So essentially, take the contents of the "boot" folder you have, and place those into your "bootmii" folder. Then, delete the "boot" folder.
December 07, 2009 01:20AM
WaxyPumpkin72
No no no...

It should be:
Root/bootmii/armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppc.bootelf

So essentially, take the contents of the "boot" folder you have, and place those into your "bootmii" folder. Then, delete the "boot" folder.

ZOMG thank you
December 07, 2009 01:29AM
Did it work?
December 07, 2009 01:33AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Did it work?

yyes it did, yes it did
December 07, 2009 01:35AM
So bootmii loaded? Do you need help with what to do next?
December 07, 2009 02:07AM
WaxyPumpkin72
So bootmii loaded? Do you need help with what to do next?

I'm clicked the sd card pointing to that chip and it says restoremii NAND ID : (some numbers and letters) checking boot2... Bootmii found in boot2 ok to proceed dump is for a different wii

I try going to system menu but it doesn't work
December 07, 2009 02:09AM
I'm not sure if this would work (because I know nothing about themes), but you could try launching Dop-IOS MOD through the HBC, and installing IOS50 and a system menu.
December 07, 2009 02:15AM
I can't go on my computer right now (I'm useing my iPod) so is there any reason why restoremii isn't working???
December 07, 2009 02:16AM
I'm not sure...Sorry. You should probably just wait until you can access a computer.
December 07, 2009 02:19AM
Ok thanks I'll get back to you on If dope-ios mod works tomorrow not right away because I have school :l but thanks anyway
December 07, 2009 02:23AM
I'm not sure if this will work but do you think I can fix it by just uninstalling the theme with the app?
December 07, 2009 02:32AM
pieownsu
I'm not sure if this will work but do you think I can fix it by just uninstalling the theme with the app?
Lol, well that would probably do it. :P

I don't know how themes work, otherwise I would've suggested that before. Go ahead and try it. :)

Edit: BTW, I would suggest forgetting about installing themes. They're pretty useless and generally illegal, so stay away from them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 02:33AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
December 07, 2009 02:37AM
W0000t working I am so slow lol but thanks for takeing your time to help me :)
December 07, 2009 02:54AM
I'm glad you solved your problem.

If you have more questions, ask away! ;P
December 07, 2009 04:09AM
Did you make your NAND backup with Bootmii Beta 3? If you did, that is why it says that it is from a different wii. This was fixed in Beta 4. I recomend that you update Bootmii and make another NAND backup now that it is fixed so that you will not have a problem the next time you need to restore a backup.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 04:12AM by jbc007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login