Advanced

GC autoboot disk

Posted by maaz55 
Re: GC autoboot disk
April 06, 2010 11:36PM
hey jbc007

thanks for all Ur great help

i did not end up using gc setting fix, because it gave me errors

when i put my gc into port 4 and held down the four d-pads, it showed me 4.2(USA) so i download all the ioses, except for 16, 222,223,249, and 250. and installed 4.2u and it worked perfect. wii settings now work. i am very happy but at the same time have a bad feeling for my friends wii. what was that nand programmer u were talking abt. really wanna fix his wii.

but now the most important thing is to back up my wii's nand.

thanks for Ur help'

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 02:11AM by maaz55.
April 07, 2010 02:51AM
Well, glad you got your wii fixed. As for your friend's wii, you will want to use an Infectus to fix it. After installing the chip (which I assume isn't easy, although I have never done it) you can simply flash a NAND backup with it, assuming you already have one.

If you don't have a NAND backup for that wii, you must flash the boot2 blocks to it from another wii that has Bootmii installed as boot2. This will only work if the boot2 version from the donor wii is the same or greater than the one on the bricked wii, and if the bricked wii has a trucha bugged boot1 (boot1b or older).
April 07, 2010 09:46AM
where do i get this chip, thanks
April 07, 2010 05:49PM
April 07, 2010 11:12PM
April 09, 2010 03:34AM
i get the same prolem. I download a nand.bin file but it doesn't work. Could someone can send me the nand.bin and key file to me??? My wii has following setting

my bootmii v1.1, stub v1.1, mini v1.1 and boot1b, boot2v4

Thank you so much
April 09, 2010 05:03AM
eyeeyemouse
i get the same prolem. I download a nand.bin file but it doesn't work. Could someone can send me the nand.bin and key file to me??? My wii has following setting

my bootmii v1.1, stub v1.1, mini v1.1 and boot1b, boot2v4

Thank you so much

It'd be illegal to send you a nand.bin and key.bin
April 09, 2010 05:09AM
cactusjack901

Well, somehow it wasn't an issue for Bushing to distribute system files. I know that the download link no longer works, after all, it has been almost two years since he released that, but that should not matter. Why is this so much different?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 05:10AM by jbc007.
April 09, 2010 05:39AM
jbc007
cactusjack901

Well, somehow it wasn't an issue for Bushing to distribute system files. I know that the download link no longer works, after all, it has been almost two years since he released that, but that should not matter. Why is this so much different?

To tell you the honest truth, I don't know. All I know is what I've seen admins and mods post.
April 09, 2010 10:27AM
I am not sure my wii is semi-bri or not. When i boot the wii, my wii didn't show anything even the startup message or the remote didn't work. When i plug in the SD card, my wii start with the SD card but the remote didn't work at all. Any idea???
April 09, 2010 10:27AM
is that mean full brick....anything can fix it??? Thank you so much
April 09, 2010 01:47PM
what comes on the screen when u boot up with sd card
April 09, 2010 04:06PM
i just saw the bootmii menu

Wii
Homebrew Channel
SD card
Conf Icon

I can use N64 control only

Thanks
April 09, 2010 04:17PM
After I select the Conf Icon, I can do the following

Backup the Nand to SD
Restore Nand from SD
Back

Thanks
April 09, 2010 06:08PM
maaz55
thanks is this the right chip??
No, that looks like a regular modchip for 'backups'.

@eyeeyemouse
BootMii isn't able to recognize Wii remotes; Only GameCube controllers will work in BootMii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 06:11PM by bg4545.
April 09, 2010 08:39PM
bg4545
maaz55
thanks is this the right chip??
No, that looks like a regular modchip for 'backups'.

@eyeeyemouse
BootMii isn't able to recognize Wii remotes; Only GameCube controllers will work in BootMii.

Or the buttons on the front of the Wii
April 10, 2010 09:42PM
I try to boot the wii normally but only black screen. Nothing else, no message, wii remote wouldn't recognize.
April 10, 2010 09:45PM
eyeeyemouse
I try to boot the wii normally but only black screen. Nothing else, no message, wii remote wouldn't recognize.

Perhaps your BT Module is cooked
April 10, 2010 09:48PM
When you boot the wii, you will see the warning message. After the warning message, your remote can be recognized. My wii only show me black screen. Nothing else. Is that a full brick or my will dead (can't fix anymore) ????
April 11, 2010 02:58AM
eyeeyemouse
When you boot the wii, you will see the warning message. After the warning message, your remote can be recognized. My wii only show me black screen. Nothing else. Is that a full brick or my will dead (can't fix anymore) ????
If you can't boot the Homebrew Channel then you're only option would be to launch Comex's NAND Formatter from BootMii.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login