Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP WII?

Posted by BrutalRage 
RIP WII?
December 09, 2009 02:16PM
Hi I hope some 1 can help me with this brick.

Ok first of I have a wikey in the wii its wikey (1).

Now A friend of mine's wii died and i was looking into the homebrew channel for info on how to fix it (yeah yeah not smart)
I used some kind of program and killed my own wii. Now when I start my wii black screen NOTHING.
So I used the savemii dongle and get the 4.1 (EUR) on the lower right screen and they tell me I can insert a newer game
with 4.2 or higher (not availible i know) So i burned new mario and the the dvd start spinning and then evrything black.
On the save mii it says i have to use bootmii whell i love to but bootmii needs homebrew channel if I understand correctly.
Stuborn as i am tryed evryting on the sd to try the frelling thing to go to bootmii (I saw i movie of some1 who started his wii in bootmii). But as you may understand dint work so should I use this brick as a weapon or is there maybe still hope for this piece of ....
Please help
Thanks greetings: BrutalRage
Re: RIP WII?
December 09, 2009 02:51PM
Oke so now I understand that mario dont have 4.2 can some 1 tell me what game does? I will buy it if I can fix my wii.
Any other suggestions r welcome as well.
Greetings BrutalRage
December 09, 2009 07:53PM
How did you brick your wii? The way to fix a bricked wii depends on what is wrong with it and therefore what caused the brick.
December 09, 2009 08:27PM
If you dont have BootMii you need a modchip to autoboot a recovery disk and fix your wii.
December 09, 2009 11:18PM
He has a modchip.
December 09, 2009 11:29PM
So he does.

In that case, you need to find an autoboot disc with a tool to recover your Wii. I'm afraid I cant help you further as I have no experience in such things.
December 10, 2009 12:32AM
SifJar
In that case, you need to find an autoboot disc with a tool to recover your Wii

Unless he has the trucha bug in IOS 60, only the Nintendo's official rescue disc would work. Unfortunately, there is no way to legally get this disc.

The only other option is to autoboot an official NTSC-U Brawl disc and use Smash Stack to boot homebrew to fix the brick.

By the way, does anyone know why this does not work with an autoboot patched disc? Or am I mistaken and it would work with a patched ISO?
December 10, 2009 03:10PM
jbc007
How did you brick your wii? The way to fix a bricked wii depends on what is wrong with it and therefore what caused the brick.

I was using some program in the homebrew channel to be honest i dont know what is called but it had an easy name (yeah i know jack shit).
It froze in that programs after I (randomly) pressed some buttons. Then I restarted my wii and poof 1 brick.
I made a autoboot disc out of some games i burned (backed them up first so no ilegal stuff)
And i have no clue what a brawl disc or smash stack is but it sounds dilicious doh.

Hmm and the official nintendo disc that i cant get officialy well braking into nintendo isnt a option so that plans out of the picture.

Maybe if i pick up my wii/brick throw it throw the window at the store get a new wii and run but still there are some complecations in that plan........
(*&%(&*^)& WII(*&^)&*%)*&
December 10, 2009 04:34PM
BrutalRage
I was using some program in the homebrew channel to be honest i dont know what is called but it had an easy name.

You probably installed a bad custom channel WAD, since that is what usually causes this kind of brick (commonly known as a banner brick). However, other things such as installing themes can cause this issue, so you will need to confirm what caused the issue. If you are not sure what program bricked your wii, check what is in the apps folder of your SD card. Is there a program called WAD Manager or anything to do with themes? If you have WAD Manager, what files do you have in the wad folder on the root of your SD card? Any of these things could cause a brick, and we need to know if it is caused by a theme or a bad WAD. Also, if it was a WAD, what WAD it was so that you know what to remove from your wii.

BrutalRage
I made a autoboot disc out of some games i burned (backed them up first so no ilegal stuff)

Did you get the games to work?

BrutalRage
And i have no clue what a brawl disc or smash stack is but it sounds dilicious doh.

By brawl, I mean the game Super Smash Bros Brawl. Smash Stack is an exploit (loads homebrew from an SD card) in this game, but it only works in the US version. It is some what similar to the twilight hack, but it loads directly from the SD card and does not require a hacked game save to already be on the wii.

BrutalRage
Hmm and the official nintendo disc that i cant get officialy well braking into nintendo isnt a option so that plans out of the picture.

Too bad that there is no legal way to get this disc, it would make fixing the brick much easier.

Did you trucha patch IOS 60? If you did, it will be easy to fix your wii. If not, the only way to fix it is to autoboot a US version of brawl and use Smash Stack to run the program to unbrick your wii. You will need a chip to region convert the game to run on your PAL wii. I know nothing almost about wikeys, so I don't know if it can do this. Also, I don't know if you can use an autoboot patched Brawl ISO or if it has to be original.
December 11, 2009 03:00PM
The SD is empty because i tried to fix the wii with well evrything so i formated my sd in the past a couple of time so i have no clue what its called maybe if there is a place on my pc where i can browse in the homebrew channel i can pick the program.
But I still cant do anything so I think it doesnt matter what the problem is.

Nope autoboot did crap nothing started and nothing works. (did use +r i know i should use -r but in the past it worked for my backups)

If super smash can run from sd from boot why isnt it possible to get bootmi to run from boot?

I have no clue what trutcha ios 60 is can you clarify?

Thanks for the reply's evry 1 but so far still a nice white brick.
December 12, 2009 08:27PM
BrutalRage
Nope autoboot did crap nothing started and nothing works. (did use +r i know i should use -r but in the past it worked for my backups)

How did you attempt to make the games autoboot? If you can get it to work, you will likely be able to fix your wii.

BrutalRage
If super smash can run from sd from boot why isnt it possible to get bootmi to run from boot?

Smash Stack and Bootmii are completely different. Bootmii requires something to be installed on the wii to opperate.

BrutalRage
I have no clue what trutcha ios 60 is can you clarify?

This would mean that you could run a fakesigned disc. If you don't know what it means, you must not have patched it and it won't help you.
December 14, 2009 01:12PM
To make an autoboot i used autoboot creater or something like that and selected an iso en then burnt the iso.
You mind telling me where i can get a proper boot creator? the 1 you think that will work.
Thanks for the help so far.
Greetings Brutalrage
December 15, 2009 08:47PM
Let me just ask this what game has 4.2 firm on it. Please tell so i can buy it and try it to fix it. Or rent
December 15, 2009 10:22PM
None. The highest update on a disc is 4.1 on NSMB.
December 17, 2009 03:15PM
Thanks Sif Jar think I just have to wait for a game with 4.2 :(
December 17, 2009 05:07PM
If your brick was caused by installing a bad channel WAD, an update will not fix it. This is the most common cause of the sort of problem that you have.
December 18, 2009 04:10PM
Well then I think il just build a wall I got my first brick......
Thanks for the help jbc007 and the rest
December 25, 2009 09:46PM
sucks to hear man, yes it does look like a brick :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login