Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Have Bricked My Wii: please help

Posted by MasterBaker 
I Have Bricked My Wii: please help
December 22, 2009 12:08AM
What i did is that i installed HBC using the bannerbomb method. Then i went to the HBC channel and tried to install IOS downgrader. Then it said it was restarting, i gave it a minute and i decided to turn off the wii because it was taking to much time, and i have done this several times (turning off the wii while its restarting) and nothing happened. So i forcefully turned it off. Then i turned on the Wii again and it just gave me a black screen, i tried syncing the wiimote but it did not. I have 4.0u. and i do not have bootmii, preloader or starfall. I was wondering if there are any ways to fix my wii? and if the savemii or savemifrii are applicable to my situation? and if they are applicable, i would appreciate step by step instructions because every forum or website i visit seems to have a different way of doing it or it is to vague for me to comprehend. Also if there any other methods i would really appreciate if you would take the time to tell me so. free or not i would still like to her any suggestions.
Thanks in a advance.
Re: I Have Bricked My Wii: please help
December 22, 2009 04:05PM
Savemii might if your System Menu and its IOS are intact. Unfortunately I have no experience with it. Sorry.
December 22, 2009 07:20PM
He used an IOS downgrader. If the System Menu and its IOS were intact, he would still be able to boot. He is not.
December 23, 2009 03:46AM
So do you have any suggestions WikiFSX?
December 23, 2009 03:20PM
Could you tell us if you have BootMii? Did you backup with BootMii recently?
If you don't have BootMii, and don't feel like buying a SaveMii you could search on YouTube for a SaveMiiFrii. Hope this helps.
December 24, 2009 05:35AM
MasterBaker
..and i do not have bootmii, preloader or starfall.
WikiFSX
He used an IOS downgrader. If the System Menu and its IOS were intact, he would still be able to boot. He is not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2009 05:36AM by bg4545.
December 28, 2009 11:43PM
could you tell me how savemiifrii works? i have seen some youtube videos but they seem inadequate.
December 29, 2009 01:29AM
MasterBaker
could you tell me how savemiifrii works? i have seen some youtube videos but they seem inadequate.

Pretty much, you:
1. Plug in a Game Cube controller into the 4th port
2. As you boot up the Wii, hold down all 4 directions on the gc controller's d-pad (you might have to open the gc controller)
3. Make sure it says the System Menu version at the bottom right corner of the screen
4. Ok, so New Super Mario Bros. Wii has the System Menu 4.1 with boot2v4 on it, so insert NSMB into the disc drive
5. It should try to install NSMB's included update: be patient

If you need more help look at this video: [www.youtube.com]
December 29, 2009 01:44AM
That video really doesn't help much...
December 29, 2009 05:14PM
A SaveMiiFrii will not work as his System Menu IOS is broken. Hence his Wii is not starting (all IOS downgrader touches is IOS, so System Menu is OK, and if any other IOS was broken, Wii would still boot, so System Menu IOS must be broken).

There is nothing you can do.
January 03, 2010 06:42AM
Thanks SifJar, i like staright forward answer
January 03, 2010 02:40PM
I apologise for being the bearer of bad news. Your only option really is to send it to Ninty, who may charge you WAY more because you have homebrew. If they are charging you more than you want to pay, you may be best to get a new Wii. Or possibly buy one with a broken DVD drive cheap on ebay and swap the drive with the one from your Wii, if you feel you could manage to do that (dunno how hard it'd be, but I imagine quite).
January 03, 2010 03:50PM
SifJar
(dunno how hard it'd be, but I imagine quite)

Apparently, there are only two wires to solder. You still have to solder, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2010 03:50PM by WikiFSX.
January 26, 2010 09:54PM
No, you don't, at least, I didn't with my near-launch Wii. There were just two drive connectors that are simple ribbon cables. The hardest part of it all is procuring a triwing, and remembering where each screw goes back :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login