Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well its not exactly a "brick" but...

Posted by sonic260 
Well its not exactly a "brick" but...
December 30, 2009 08:43PM
...I live with 6 other people, and 4 of them use the Wii. I didn't want them to find the HBC installer by accident, so I had dragged the installer to the 20th slot in the SD card. But whenever I go there, the Wii freezes, and when I check the Channels data, it won't let me check the Channels in the SD card.
Re: Well its not exactly a "brick" but...
December 30, 2009 09:31PM
Do you still have Bannerbomb on the card? That would crash it... Not sure how you can resolve it though, you could rename the private folder on the SD but then your HBC channel will be gone too, although presumably a reinstall of the HBC would fix that.
December 30, 2009 10:17PM
I haven't done it yet, but when I look into my SD card and flip to slot 19, it asks if I want to install it, I click no, then I went to the channel data on the SD Card. I was able to look at my channels, but when I tried to erase one (Pokemon Rumble Demo) the installation started up.

What would happen if I deleted boot.elf and installer.txt?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2009 10:35PM by sonic260.
December 30, 2009 11:02PM
Delete Bannerbomb from your SD card. Your SD card should be something like this: SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin. The aktn folder contains Bannerbomb, delete it.
December 31, 2009 02:36AM
It works now thank you! ^_^
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login