Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Total Brick: Can I save myself if I have a backup?

Posted by awh_tokyo 
Total Brick: Can I save myself if I have a backup?
January 01, 2010 04:26PM
I have a machine that is too new to do anything with boot2; I previously had BootMii installed as IOS, and took a NAND backup; it takes the form of a 16KB keys.bin file and a 553.7MB nand.bin file.

As a result of a brain fart while running Any Region Changer, I have a total brick (system will turn on with the Wiimote, but wiimote won't synchronize, and the system stays on black screen) and I understand that a NAND programmer is my only hope. My question is, can I bring myself back to life this way? Or am I SOL?

I also have a ticket open at Nintendo for repairs; presumably they will get to that next week when they are back from New Year vacations. I don't mind shelling out the cash to get it fixed, but I am not sure that Nintendo Japan will repair American Wiis...
Re: Total Brick: Can I save myself if I have a backup?
January 01, 2010 10:31PM
An Infectus (or other hardware NAND programmer I guess) should do the trick, it should be able to flash the BootMii backup. You may need to convert it to an Infectus compatible format first (I think there is a slight difference between BootMii and Infectus dump, not 100% sure), but then it should work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login