Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

load /boot.dol? will not pop up!

Posted by ozwiz1234 
load /boot.dol? will not pop up!
January 07, 2010 02:55AM
(not sure if this is in the right place... my wii isn't really bricked)

I'm using Wii softmodding for dummies v.41
and I've done every step correctly. I put all the data on my sd card with the auto installer but when it comes time to pull up the sd card on the wii, the only thing that shows up is a question mark icon, the load /boot.dol? pop up does not come up. I checked to make sure all the data did get on the card (i wasn't sure if my card was big enough, so i checked and there was empty data on the card)

so then i erased the card and started over with the info on lifehacker
but quickly ran into a problem.

Next, copy the installer.elf file from the HackMii installer onto the root of the SD card and rename it to boot.elf—as seen above.

There was no installer.elf file in my hackmii folder.. there was already a boot.elf file so i just moved it over on the sd card. And of course, that didn't work either, when it came to the boot.dol/elf pop up...

anybody know why this is happening, or can give me another way of doing it??
thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2010 03:37AM by ozwiz1234.
Re: load /boot.dol? will not pop up!
January 07, 2010 03:23AM
FIrst of all, check and see if your SD card is compatible. Next, what is your system menu version? If you're on 4.2, make sure you're using v2, and if you're on 4.1 and below, use v1. [bannerbomb.qoid.us]

Edit: Oh, and delete your links to the tutorials. They contains information on piracy, which is not supported here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2010 03:25AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
January 07, 2010 06:42AM
WaxyPumpkin72
If you're on 4.2, make sure you're using v2, and if you're on 4.1 and below, use v1.

thanks!! i realized i was using an old version, and got the updated one! I think it also helped that I didn't insert the card until the sd card page was up!
January 07, 2010 06:51AM
I'm glad you solved your problem! :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login