Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

fully bricked/ remotes dont stay on/ no back ups/ any answers?

Posted by paul_vasquez 
January 10, 2010 01:02AM
please help....

thank you (in advance)
Re: fully bricked/ remotes dont stay on/ no back ups/ any answers?
January 10, 2010 01:16AM
First Backups are illegal and thus unsupported here. Anyways we're going to need more info than that. What happened? Do you have bootmiii boot2? Are you never going to try backups ever again? And What do you mean by remotes don't stay on?
January 10, 2010 01:25AM
Crisco
First Backups are illegal and thus unsupported here. Anyways we're going to need more info than that. What happened? Do you have bootmiii boot2? Are you never going to try backups ever again? And What do you mean by remotes don't stay on?
Well technically backups aren't illegal.. but anyway he means he doesn't have a NAND backup and the Wii is fully bricked so the Wii remotes disconnect.
@paul_vasquez
Do you have BootMii as boot2? if not then there's nothing you can do AFAIK
January 10, 2010 01:27AM
Actually Technically backups are illegal... But what I don't understand is why he said the remotes won't connect it would seem kinda obvious that if he has a full brick then the remotes wouldn't connect.
January 10, 2010 01:30AM
offtopic: Piracy is illegal, backups are not [depending on where you live]

I think he means when he turns on the Wii with the remotes then they disconnect. But he should clarify what happens when the Wii turns on
January 10, 2010 01:32AM
offtopic: True according to where you live, sometimes I forget how big the Internet is and I forget not everybody live in America where according to DCMA backups are illegal.
January 10, 2010 05:11AM
I think he means no back ups of his NAND with BootMii, not backups as in ISO's.
January 10, 2010 05:14AM
Yeah I think I got confused. When people don't explain their situations in detail I can get confused. I thought he said something like backups aren't working...
January 10, 2010 03:38PM
If you have BootMii/boot2, look into Comex's NAND formatter. Otherwise, if you have an old Wii which you believe to be capable of installing BootMii/boot2, but you have not installed it, you can use an Infectus modchip to install BootMii (note: This requires disassembling your Wii and soldering stuff. Only take this option if you think you can manage that). Finally, failing both options, either you have a Wii too new for BootMii or you don't feel capable of soldering an Infectus to your Wii, you could send it to Nintendo, but be warned, they may charge extra if they see evidence of unauthorized modifications (i.e. HBC or other homebrew related software)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login