Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Failed to load IOS

Posted by Erikie 
Failed to load IOS
January 18, 2010 02:14PM
I have a wii at home that boots fine into bootmii boot2. I can backup NAND / restore nand etc.
However when I try to boot into sysmenu it does not work. I got it to work 1 time out of 100 but then it fails again.
Also when I use a cboot2 enabled program (signcheck / wadmanager) it errors out with: Failed to load IOS (in red) .
I was able to run signcheck once. What could cause something like this? Is it the ARM cpu that is bad as bootmii runs on the ppc cpu?
I am trying to fix this wii and it would be nice to get it working again.
Re: Failed to load IOS
January 18, 2010 02:35PM
Does HBC load from BootMii? Also, FYI cBoot2 is unsupported here.
January 18, 2010 02:52PM
Nothing loads from bootmii when it needs an IOS. Mini apps works. So I am going to try to run linux later.
See if that works. I am just trying to troubleshoot this wii. Not particular apps. one of the symptoms is that cboot2 gives this message.
If there are any test apps or mini compatibel apps around I will gladly try them
January 18, 2010 02:56PM
Erikie
Nothing loads from bootmii when it needs an IOS.
Probably because BootMii doesnt load an IOS and most apps depend on an IOS to already be running when launched. Name me some apps your having trouble with.
January 18, 2010 03:01PM
This wii has been re-installed using the comex nand formatter tool. Which installs without a problem. (And I have done more than one with this tool without any problem before)
When I got the wii working again I went through all the steps to install the software and I got to the system menu.
Than after a reboot the wii went black again. As before. So every now and then it boots to menu.
And I am still figuring out what is wrong with it. Is the nand that is not working properly? or is one of the cpus is the dram bad ...
January 18, 2010 03:03PM
Erikie
When I got the wii working again I went through all the steps to install the software and I got to the system menu.
Elaborate and I can probably tell you where you went wrong and how to fix your problem.
January 18, 2010 03:06PM
If IOS 30 is installed together with sysmenu 3.1 and regionselecter with EULA v2 which is standard procedure with the nand formatter.
Than you just type in your wii name and screen type. All things you normally do with a freshly installed wii.
Even bootmii says it has 3.1E installed (it is a pal wii) when checking systems.
Also I tried a converted nand with betwiin and that one also did not work
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login