Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my wii has a blank screen and is not in putting any signal on my tv

Posted by pinuelasrocks 
Re: my wii has a blank screen and is not in putting any signal on my tv
January 19, 2010 04:04AM
Nintendo no longer repairs Wiis that have been altered with HBC. They will send it back with a note saying it has been altered and is not fixable. They no longer just charge for it, now they out right refuse to fix it. You will have to use a 3rd party repair shop, and I am not sure they will be able to fix this, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I think infectus is your only option.

Elmoreas
January 19, 2010 04:14AM
Nintendo can't tell that this issue was caused by homebrew rather than a failed update. They may fix it.
January 19, 2010 04:44AM
no, but they'll see that the Wii was modded and refuse to fix it.
January 19, 2010 04:03PM
mdbrim
no, but they'll see that the Wii was modded and refuse to fix it.

That does not seem very likely. Check out the Preloader brick topic, especially the second page. Nintendo can't tell whether this sort of issue was caused by homebrew or a failed update, so they perform the repair.
January 20, 2010 01:56AM
Not true, they refuse to fix any wii that has been modified.
January 20, 2010 02:03AM
Crisco
Not true, they refuse to fix any wii that has been modified.
No, they refuse to fix any Wii that they find out was modified. if there's no way for them to find out then they'll repair it.
January 20, 2010 02:07AM
Slight technicality, my point is if your lasers broken and you send it in, they find out your wii has homebrew on it they won't fix it. Even if homebrew did nothing.
January 20, 2010 02:07AM
Crisco
Slight technicality, my point is if your lasers broken and you send it in, they find out your wii has homebrew on it they won't fix it. Even if homebrew did nothing.
Yes, only if they find it. XD
January 20, 2010 02:12AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Crisco
Yes, only if they find it. XD
My point exactly.
If you send it in for sonething like that you can remove all trace yourself and there'll be no problem.
January 20, 2010 02:16AM
make sense jbc007?
January 20, 2010 03:43AM
The only way that Nintendo can find out that this wii was modified is if he tells them. It looks exactly like a wii that was bricked by a failed update, which Nintendo fixes for free.
January 21, 2010 04:07AM
If Nintendo can't start your Wii, you are fine, unless you have BootMii/boot2 and the "no bootable files" indicator comes up.
January 28, 2010 02:54AM
jbc007
The only way that Nintendo can find out that this wii was modified is if he tells them. It looks exactly like a wii that was bricked by a failed update, which Nintendo fixes for free.

But my Wii bricked with HBC still installed. Wouldn't they be able to tell just by looking at my channels? Or do they actually adhere to some privacy policy and don't look into your channels after repairing it?

I mean, once the repair is done, it's done I guess...will they send it back without charging me?
January 28, 2010 03:46AM
In cases such as this, Nintendo does not repair the bricked wii; they send you a new one. They are unable to find out if it had homebrew.
February 09, 2010 02:12PM
i have bootmi as boot2 but i dont know how to fix it anyone plz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login