Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Broken wii channels that restart the console everytime you press them

Posted by NotAPirate 
Broken wii channels that restart the console everytime you press them
February 01, 2010 04:18PM
Hi all,

today i've been trying to install HBC and USB Loader GX on my girlfriend's parents wii and i managed to fail pretty bad. Its a Wii 4.2U. i was able to install HBC but after playing a bit with the iOSes... i got into some big problems. Now the channels dont work anymore, as soon as i click and start to load one, the console restarts. Stupid as i am i formatted the Wii and i cant install the HBC anymore (it wasnt even working after the iOS thingy, it was just restarting the Wii.) was using DOP-IOS with this tutorial [sites.google.com]

Bannerbomb still works so i can load any dol and wad, i just dont know what to do to virginize the Wii and start all over.

Can someone help me ?

thanks a lot.
Re: Broken wii channels that restart the console everytime you press them
February 01, 2010 09:00PM
You appear to have uninstalled/corrupted several IOS. My advice would be to load dop-IOS MOD and re-install EVERY IOS, the latest version of each, with no patches. Also, USB Loaders are not supported here, so don't ask for help with it.
February 02, 2010 02:50PM
I'm not talking about USB loader and others... i wouldnt ask for that here !

Was just wondering how to fix this channel resetting issue.

Lunatik
OK Everyone. Sorry about the channel issue. I know what is going on now. Apparently ES_AddTitleCancel doesn't remove the bogus ticket. So if you had an IOS that was patched with FakeSign (Trucha) it was adding the extra ticket to the title. Apparently the channels are getting "confused" on which ticket to use.

I will have this fixed in 11.5 and When you run SysCheck again it'll also automatically fix the channels as well.

For the time being to repair the issue what you need to do is use AnyTitle Deleter and delete the IOS that the channel uses and then reinstall the IOS using DOP 11.2.

Track Ticket status @ [code.google.com]
February 02, 2010 04:22PM
The guy that made the mod for DOP-IOS corrected the bug in 11.4

Lunatik
Bug Fixed in 11.5 Rerun SysCheck in 11.5 to fix channels

[code.google.com]

I'll test it tonight.
February 04, 2010 04:11PM
Bannerbomb abd6b_200 freeze.
Bannerbomb abd69_200 freeze.
Bannerbomb abd6a_200 WORKS.

loading DOP-IOS 11.5 with BB. Black Screen. Wii blue light is on.

loading Wiiload with BB , then DOP-IOS 11.5. Error :

So... is there any other way to modify the iOSes ? thanks again.
February 04, 2010 06:57PM
i ran AnytitledeleterMOD, it got errors(got a pic if you want) and it deleted the bogus tickets.

so i rebooted, and tried to install HBC and it worked. then i loaded DOP-iOS, did a
sycheck and now... it seems to work fine.

So, the solution to Resetting Channels is to use Bannerbomb to load AnyTitleDeleterMOD and exit. Then load DOP-iOS 11.5 and run a syscheck. Yay !!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login